Cssa (1 Viewer)

-Onlooker-

HSC
Thats a shame ratcher0071* :(

The f(x^2) Graphing question was abysmal!

Last edited:

Dumbledore

HSC
Thats a shame ratcher0071* :(

The f(x^2) Graphing question was abysmal!
f(x^2) was ok... its quite similar to f(|x|) as u reflect the positive side to the left of x axis, the abcissa's of the main points are just square rooted aswell, well i think thats it, we weren't taught it :burn: so my classmates all had to think logically about it.

i wasn't sure how the y = ln[(f(x)] affected the asyptote though...

Ppen

HSC
What did ppl get for the volumes Q (4 marks)?
.. and how do u integrate x^2 / (e^x + 1)? i got the first 3 marks of the Q but i couldnt get the easy one marker :confused:

bored of sc

HSC
The paper was intense for me. Perhaps because I don't know the course well enough. Even the early questions threw me and set me up for a shocker of an exam.

Last edited:

yibbon

HSC
N/A
.. and how do u integrate x^2 / (e^x + 1)? i got the first 3 marks of the Q but i couldnt get the easy one marker :confused:
Once you know I= J
I+J = 2I = the integral which has the 1+e^x cross out.
My answer was 1/3

-Onlooker-

HSC

The 4 marker Volumes Q was BIG. Too big to remember.

Bored of sc, you found the paper hard ? I expected you to atleast get atleast 100/120. Was probably just a bad day for you then. Better luck next time.

kwabon

Banned
HSC
The 4 marker Volumes Q was BIG. Too big to remember.

Bored of sc, you found the paper hard ? I expected you to atleast get atleast 100/120. Was probably just a bad day for you then. Better luck next time.

fuck oath, i noe eh? i wasnt bothered figuring out what was the integral of sin(x)tan(x). i knew you had to use t substitution, then you had to use partial. annoying little question.

redfield

HSC
i wasnt bothered figuring out what was the integral of sin(x)tan(x). i knew you had to use t substitution, then you had to use partial. annoying little question.

I found it using by parts. i think it got down to the integral of sec x... but it was a kinda hectic way to do it i think.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
I found it using by parts. i think it got down to the integral of sec x... but it was a kinda hectic way to do it i think.
For integrating sinxtanx = sin^2/cosx = (1-cos^2x)/cos^x = secx - cosx and you can just integrate that :)

Last edited:

-Onlooker-

HSC
Precisely; and as kwabon mentioned, the t method would give you the integral of sec x.

My answer for the 4 marker was something along the lines of [djjadsjfhsda
-fhs] + [ajshdkjashdkaj] + [jhjsahdkjashdfsa-hdk] + [ shkda-hdkl;\ashkl;\]

:blah:

untouchablecuz

HSC
just did the independent

i found it decent, i finished with 1 hour to go :confused: but i had skipped a conics Q and circle geo and some others small ones

all in all, i think it wasnt too challenging nor extremely easy

people who did independent, what marks are you expecting?

Last edited:

yibbon

HSC
N/A
Precisely; and as kwabon mentioned, the t method would give you the integral of sec x.

My answer for the 4 marker was something along the lines of [djjadsjfhsda
-fhs] + [ajshdkjashdkaj] + [jhjsahdkjashdfsa-hdk] + [ shkda-hdkl;\ashkl;\]

:blah:
Phew, I got a big mess as well! Something with In(root3 + 2), thats all I remember. And thanks for the solve on the z^5 question...I didn't think complex unity would even apply :(

exiting

HSC
Anyone sacrifice accuracy for speed? Or speed for accuracy? ie, not completing the test?

Dumbledore

HSC
accuracy > speed (for me)
i'm not sure if this counts as finishing or not, there was 1 question left (8mark circle geometry crap) and i had 30mins to do it, but i sat there and couldn't get a thing out of it

shaon0

HSC
just did the independent

i found it decent, i finished with 1 hour to go :confused: but i had skipped a conics Q and circle geo and some others small ones

all in all, i think it wasnt too challenging nor extremely easy

people who did independent, what marks are you expecting?
i found the conics hard and circle geo hard. But our paper was altered. I don't know what to expect? what about you?

untouchablecuz

HSC
i found the conics hard and circle geo hard. But our paper was altered. I don't know what to expect? what about you?
initially i skipped conics, but went back and did half of it (damn time limit)

skipped circle geo completely

but, i got all of the reduction Q, sine rule Q and half of the last Q

90+/120 maybe 97/120 if i'm lucky

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)