CSU chem quiz (2 Viewers)

eliseliselise

HSC
jockrussell said:
Yea it wasnt to difficult

i found the question
Which 1 reacts the quickest (or somewthing like that.)
the easiest (Fr+F)
yessssss!! now i know that i will get a minimum [and probable] mark of 2/30!! can't wait to get that certificate!

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
eliseliselise said:
yessssss!! now i know that i will get a minimum [and probable] mark of 2/30!! can't wait to get that certificate!
You, woman, underestimate yourself. All the time.

eliseliselise

HSC
Aerath said:
You, woman, underestimate yourself. All the time.
bahah! look who's talkin' ;)

Aerath said:
Oh yeah, I got the Fr F one right. Don't think I got much else though. :p
I'm annoyed at getting that massively long formula one wrong....with the 5 mol/ 10 mol etc. I also got the toilet flushing water one wrong too. :(
eh eh?? -nudge- <seedy german phrase>

oh dear.

i'm off [my face].

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I am currently guaranteed 6 marks so far according to you guys and one question wrong. That's not too bad, is it? :uhhuh:

bored of sc

HSC
lyounamu said:
I am currently guaranteed 6 marks so far according to you guys and one question wrong. That's not too bad, is it? :uhhuh:
6/7 = 85ish% (if you wanna get technical)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Haha, which is bloody good, and will get you a High Distinction at the very least. ;)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Aerath said:
Haha, which is bloody good, and will get you a High Distinction at the very least. ;)
But remember: all the questions you guys posted up tend to be the questions that everyone knows which means that I only got questions that were easy.

No one mentioned question relating to the number of hydrogen or the other questions that were difficult.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
What did you guys put for the toilet flushing one? :p

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Aerath said:
What did you guys put for the toilet flushing one? :p
I remember using some maths there. I don't know, enlighten me of the options given.

The Kaiser

HSC
lyounamu said:
I remember using some maths there. I don't know, enlighten me of the options given.
Was that the one where you had to calculate the unavoidable virus particles with the water with the hose, toilet and shower, if so the choices were 600, 900, 1080, 1640 or something like that.

The Comp wasn't that difficult in my opinion, just that some of the questions didn't make sense (that dopamine equation wasn't balanced I think) and the answers were sometimes to ambiguous.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
The Kaiser said:
Was that the one where you had to calculate the unavoidable virus particles with the water with the hose, toilet and shower, if so the choices were 600, 900, 1080, 1640 or something like that.

The Comp wasn't that difficult in my opinion, just that some of the questions didn't make sense (that dopamine equation wasn't balanced I think) and the answers were sometimes to ambiguous.
Really not sure. When I calculated it was little over 900 or somethign so I think I chose 900 because we had to calculate the least number that even the careful person cannot avoid.

The Kaiser

HSC
lyounamu said:
Really not sure. When I calculated it was little over 900 or somethign so I think I chose 900 because we had to calculate the least number that even the careful person cannot avoid.
Yeah I chose 900 for similar reasons (but for some reason I calculated 800 and something), I hate my carelessness.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
The Kaiser said:
Yeah I chose 900 for similar reasons (but for some reason I calculated 800 and something), I hate my carelessness.
Awesome. Another mark guaranteed. Woo~hoo! (but I am not even sure if 900 is my answer. I just think my answer looked like 9**).

jockrussell

HSC
lyounamu said:
Yea i assumed that the careful person got hit by all of the water in the shower.
so i just did 2x3 minute showers at 9 litres a minute, changed it from ltrs to mls then divided by 50 because it was 1 virus to 50 ml of water. and i got 1080 viruses hit him/her.

There could be debates over 1080 and 900 because u could say some water sprayed off in other direction not directly on the person.
Thats my opinion anyway.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
jockrussell said:
Yea i assumed that the careful person got hit by all of the water in the shower.
so i just did 2x3 minute showers at 9 litres a minute, changed it from ltrs to mls then divided by 50 because it was 1 virus to 50 ml of water. and i got 1080 viruses hit him/her.

There could be debates over 1080 and 900 because u could say some water sprayed off in other direction not directly on the person.
Thats my opinion anyway.
What??? You never assume such a thing. You calculate the total amount of bacteria that he can be possibly exposed to. The answer must be lower than the calculation you make.

So if it is calculated to be 1000, the answer will be 900 and if it is calculated to be 1100, the answer will be 1080.

jockrussell

HSC
lyounamu said:
What??? You never assume such a thing. You calculate the total amount of bacteria that he can be possibly exposed to. The answer must be lower than the calculation you make.

So if it is calculated to be 1000, the answer will be 900 and if it is calculated to be 1100, the answer will be 1080.
Well if it was 900 viruses that means 9L of water from the shower didnt hit him. Thats how i assumed it all hit him lol, so in my mind i was right but knowing my luck it'd be wrong. From the calculations i did i got exactly 1080 which was one of the answers.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
jockrussell said:
Well if it was 900 viruses that means 9L of water from the shower didnt hit him. Thats how i assumed it all hit him lol, so in my mind i was right but knowing my luck it'd be wrong. From the calculations i did i got exactly 1080 which was one of the answers.
How did you calculate again? Don't you just add all the viruses up from each different activity? You don't have to assume anything, I mean what is there to assume?

I will just wait for other members to come here and clear that up because I don't remember that question very well.

jockrussell

HSC
ok lol.
I think the basic info in the question was
*1 virus per 50mL water
*a carefull person hoses for 10 seconds and x amount of water comes out/minute (here i thought a carefull person would be able to avoid contact so the amount of water comes out doesnt matter.)
*the person flushes a toilet which tajes up 6 litres, again i thought the person could avoid.
*2x3minute showers, in which 9 litres come out in 1 minute.

From there i went 2x3x9 to get amount of water the person touched in the shower.
= 54L
=54000mL (assuming it all hit the person)

Then i went 1 virus per 50 mL water
54000/50 = 1080 viruses. Thats what i did.
So i said no water from the toilet got the person, no water from the hose got the person and all of the water from the shower got the person, (otherwise if i put 900. 9L of the water didnt hit him.
1080-900 = 180viruses
180x50(1 virus per 50 mL water)=9L water missed him. i thought this unlikely)
so i stuck with initial answer of 1080.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)