Cumberland 2006- Who's starting? (1 Viewer)

sakura_05

HSC
Thank you nik_noodle. You've been so helpful and you even gave out your mobile number just in case we need assistance on our first day^.^
You're a legend!

salsydney

HSC
oooh nooblings...

so i went to uni today, have scoped it all out... as someone else said, CSG is now downstairs, underneath the jdv cafe... that area is seriously wicked, really really nice, totally renovated over the holidays...

important note... in order to get your csg rewards card, REGISTER ONLINE FIRST. you'll have to do it tomorrow, but there will probably be a hideous line, so do it before then (www.csg.org.au)...

have fun tomorrow noobies!

also, dont stress, buses are running. :)

nik_noodle

HSC
sakura_05 said:
Thank you nik_noodle. You've been so helpful and you even gave out your mobile number just in case we need assistance on our first day^.^
You're a legend!
Not a problem. I'm bored. Can't wait to get back to uni so I can get away from work!!! So sitting on the forum is a good way to distract myself from pure boredom :)

franklin265

HSC
i can't make it tomorrow. i've got my first day of work and well, i don't want to give my boss a bad first impression.

will i really be missing out on alot?? also, i heard we get csg diaries. if we don't get those tomorrow can we get them another day?

kaitie

the evenstar
HSC
im sure it'll be okay franklin..
we'll fill you in on everything that goes down i'm sure- there are other peeps here doing your course too...

nik_noodle

HSC
franklin265 said:
i can't make it tomorrow. i've got my first day of work and well, i don't want to give my boss a bad first impression.

will i really be missing out on alot?? also, i heard we get csg diaries. if we don't get those tomorrow can we get them another day?
only missing a faculty tour and a chance to meet people, but i wouldnt stress too much.

I didnt get my diary on O-Day (i dont think they were printed) instead i got mine on the first day when I picked up my CSG card and got it in the goodies bag..

kaitie

the evenstar
HSC
meeting ppl- pfft. everyone i tried to talk to didnt talk much or pissed off and left me alone so i went home early- crappest day of my life.

kaitie

the evenstar
HSC
it was weird..most people i saw were with people they knew or big groups..and i stuck with some people and i just got deserted as soon as they found their friends. and i thought they might have the decency to introduce me knowing that i knew no-one there.
i guess i was wrong.

nik_noodle

HSC
kaitie said:
it was weird..most people i saw were with people they knew or big groups..and i stuck with some people and i just got deserted as soon as they found their friends. and i thought they might have the decency to introduce me knowing that i knew no-one there.
i guess i was wrong.
were the groups they were with all from the same course or diferent courses? because if they're different courses chances are on monday when they all split up people will be lookign for someone to talk to then.

That said, that doesnt help your confidence for walking into uni on monday morning does it :(

whats ur timetable like? if ur still stuck alone on monday let us know :) It wont be so bad. will definetly get better, promise :)

salsydney

HSC
shame, sad that your first day was so bad... to be fair, remember, everyone else is just as scared as you are!!!! they're probably dying to see their group of friends who they know from school, just so they have a familiar face.... what nik_noodle said above is totally right - come monday, everybody splits into their seperate degrees, and wants a friend... dont worry, i didnt make any friends until 2nd day of uni, and that was coz i forced myself second day to talk to ppl, and now i have some really great best mates... so dont worry!!!!

franklin265

HSC
kaitie said:
i guess i was wrong.

that's most probably because we all made friends with eachother during the bridging courses. if there's one good thing to come out of those bridging courses, it is that we get to know each other well before o-week and uni starts.

did they mention anything about o-camp??

also, what were the clubs and socs like? did anyone pick up their rewards card or anything? did we get a textbook list?

and on timetables. i have to worst days on mondays and wednesday. both days i start at 8am. on monday i have a 1 hr lecture then don't have another until 1pm. crap. and on wednesday i have 4 hours straight first thing in the morning. crap times 2. but then i get a 4 day weekend!!!

Last edited:

kaitie

the evenstar
HSC
im there 5 days a week franklin..think urself lucky- 3 days are 8-5 pretty much..woohoo.
anyway.

*nothing mentioned about o camp- that i heard anyway.
*i saw about 2 clubs...
*i picked up my rewards card at ipoint- wonderful.
*we don't get textbook lists..in your handbook thing for your course it will tell you what books you require and which are recommended.
* enjoy your awesome timetable.

:)

franklin265

HSC
yep! i know where that is

anyway. i got an e-mail from a lady giving me the times for my tutorials and one of them clashes with a lecture i've got. what do i do??????? :(

kaitie

the evenstar
HSC
hey
im buying a lab coat off someone and its purple- is that normal? hehe
sounds fun to me:)

i'm getting a bit more excited about this now
who cares about my bad orientation day- i'm actually interested in starting to do work now..getting so bored at home
ick

salsydney

HSC
haha a purple lab coat??? yeh back in my day, we all had white... everybody has white... why does this person have a purple one???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)