Cumberland - Health Sciences (1 Viewer)

Jezzabelle

i was at miranda on wed when the storm broke and they lost power so the stores had to run on their backup generators, and we drove home to menai through the hail :) I wasnt feeling the safest with my red P driver companion, but we made it !

jam3s

Radiation Therapist
On soccer fields, In KFC, At uni, At clubs, and in
HSC
N/A
i need help with the time table for radiation science ! :uhhuh:

c under some lectures it says eg week 4 to 8, it means only for week 4-8 right?and other weeks there no lectures at that time?
and what are the letters before that bit mean like G or H

alien

HSC
i have no idea... you could call the uni or talk to someone who's in their 2nd year of your course. with the hail thing, we had heaps of flattish ones! so we froze the star shape one.

Happeninchick

Gilmore Girl
HSC
jam3s said:

c under some lectures it says eg week 4 to 8, it means only for week 4-8 right?and other weeks there no lectures at that time?
The weeks 4 - 8 mean that you only do that lecture or prac etc on those weeks specified. The G and H are what groups you will be put into. On orientation day you should find out what group you are put into. For example, Thursday afternoon 1:05 - 1:55pm...

Radiation Therapy 1A (prac) - RT3
wks 8-13 M112
Intro Clin Ed. (p)
G - weeks 3,6 M117
H - weeks 4,7 M117

Group G starts Intro to Clinical Ed in week 3. Then H goes in week 4. No one is week 5. G goes week 6 and H goes 7. Then the subject changes to Radiation Therapy 1A (Prac) and all students are required from Weeks 8 - 13. The same applies to the next time period. 2:05 - 2:55pm except on weeks 6 and 7 there is room changes. Does that help a little?

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
jam3s said:

hey jam3s i saw that too. The G and H are our prac groups. we find out on orientation day which group we are in. i think you will find that the ones that are in selected weeks are pracs (i think thats what the (P) stands for) and they start later cos you cant really do the prac without learning the theory.
I love my first day... both nuc med and therapy start their first lecture at 2.05 and finish at 3.55. on the weds and thurs we (rt) finish at 11.55 and 11 on friday

jam3s

Radiation Therapist
HSC
N/A
Katie123 said:
hey jam3s i saw that too. The G and H are our prac groups. we find out on orientation day which group we are in. i think you will find that the ones that are in selected weeks are pracs (i think thats what the (P) stands for) and they start later cos you cant really do the prac without learning the theory.
I love my first day... both nuc med and therapy start their first lecture at 2.05 and finish at 3.55. on the weds and thurs we (rt) finish at 11.55 and 11 on friday
lol thanks at first when i saw the time table i was like woh how packed are the lectures for uni, i am gonna be so busy :). hehe

jam3s

Radiation Therapist
HSC
N/A
Happeninchick said:
The weeks 4 - 8 mean that you only do that lecture or prac etc on those weeks specified. The G and H are what groups you will be put into. On orientation day you should find out what group you are put into. For example, Thursday afternoon 1:05 - 1:55pm...

Radiation Therapy 1A (prac) - RT3
wks 8-13 M112
Intro Clin Ed. (p)
G - weeks 3,6 M117
H - weeks 4,7 M117

Group G starts Intro to Clinical Ed in week 3. Then H goes in week 4. No one is week 5. G goes week 6 and H goes 7. Then the subject changes to Radiation Therapy 1A (Prac) and all students are required from Weeks 8 - 13. The same applies to the next time period. 2:05 - 2:55pm except on weeks 6 and 7 there is room changes. Does that help a little?
cool thanks how often do we get new time tables

batigol

Giant
HSC
jam3s said:
Ahh same . Iam not sure why health science are so unpopular this year.
Hey there! How do you find diagnostic radiography and the Cumbo campus? Anyone bothered by the cemetery (like me)?

fearless86

HSC
nah man, the cemetery is cool. such a convenient short cut when youre driving to uni

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
batigol said:
Hey there! How do you find diagnostic radiography and the Cumbo campus? Anyone bothered by the cemetery (like me)?
Cumberland is great and the cemetary provides a nice backdrop for a laze in the sun at lunch. Makes you wonder where the cadavers come from too lol jks:rofl:

Lois_87

I Love Gorden Tallis!
HSC
Enrolement HELP!

Hey,

I got into Radiation Therapy and was just wondering exactly what they mean

by choosing units of study on the enrolement day?? Please Help. This may sound

stupid but I am so confused!

batigol

Giant
HSC
Hey there, I called the people at the HS Faculty yesterday and was told all Medical Radiation Science students dont have to choose subjects; apparenty we all have to do the same core subjects first year and that was it. Anyone know which bus to catch from Lidcombe station..or is walking the only way?

Skeeta

HSC
yeah i think most 1st yr subjects at FHS are set by each faculty, the courses are much more structured. There is a bus from the station, it leaves around every 10 mins but i'm not sure about the bus number or anything.. sorry

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
catch 915 ..it gets crowded in the morning and after a full lecture at about 5
if you walk it will take about 25 -30 minutes ..its basically down one side of the cemetry

sambo_rambo

HSC
Hey all,
I'm enrolled for speech pathology this year at cumberland. I was just wondering if cumberland students are allowed to attend some fo the more fun orientation stuff at the main campus.
Thanks,
Sam

franklin265

HSC
^ i'm going on wednesday (1/3) to join a group my friend is starting this year, but if i were to join any other club, i'm not 110% sure.

batigol

Giant
HSC
Has anyone received anything re confirmation of enrolment since enrolment day?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)