Current ATAR (1 Viewer)

Focus is Key

HSC
I'd just like an ATAR prediction at the moment.

My school ranking is low (mid 500's from last year), year before that was 530's but the year before that was around 400 (2010).

Our year is probably the best one since 2010 and we are definitely above last year's cohort.

English Advanced: 1/25 (50% assessed-80% in half-yearlies)
English Extension 1: 1/3 (40% assessed)
Ancient History: 1/23 (35% assessed)
Legal Studies: 1/25ish (45% assessed-89% in half-yearlies)
CAFS:1/40ish (50% assessed- 93% in half-yearlies)
Mathematics Advanced 1/8 (45% assessed- 82% in half-yearlies)
Extension 1 Maths: 3/3 (15% assessed)- This one is a pretty strong class.
Extension 2 English: 3/3 (20% assessed)

Usually I think the dux gets in the mid-low 90's.

Last edited:

jnney

lemon
HSC
It's hard to say, you could be anywhere between the low to high 90s. I think your best bet right now would be to ask your teachers.

If you're aiming for the highest atar possible, I'd say, use friends who are doing well in higher ranked schools (<100) as a point of reference e.g. compare the difficulty of their exams, do them, and see how well you score - it might give you some indication of what ATAR you would be sitting at if you were at their schools. Otherwise, make sure that you are on top of your studies - you know exactly what is required for you to know in your syllabus, and are able to apply it to the HSC exam questions /past papers from school.

Focus is Key

HSC
Thankyou so much :) Yeah that's a really good idea, I'll have a look into that and thanks for responding.

hayabusaboston

HSC
I'd just like an ATAR prediction at the moment.

My school ranking is low (mid 500's from last year), year before that was 530's but the year before that was around 400 (2010).

Our year is probably the best one since 2010 and we are definitely above last year's cohort.

English Advanced: 1/25 (50% assessed-80% in half-yearlies)
English Extension 1: 1/3 (40% assessed)
Ancient History: 1/23 (35% assessed)
Legal Studies: 1/25ish (45% assessed-89% in half-yearlies)
CAFS:1/40ish (50% assessed- 93% in half-yearlies)
Mathematics Advanced 1/8 (45% assessed- 82% in half-yearlies)
Extension 1 Maths: 3/3 (15% assessed)- This one is a pretty strong class.
Extension 2 English: 3/3 (20% assessed)

Usually I think the dux gets in the mid-low 90's.
Fuark bro! Dem ranks!!! Totally mirin!!!
If only I had ur english ability :'(

Makematics

HSC
lol so weird hearing that there are 3 people doing 3U maths at your school when there are 130 at mine. is it rural or what?

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Whatever ATAR you get is pretty much in your own hands with mostly 1sts :)

Seeing as you are the dux material of your school, you'd be looking at lowish-mid 90s. Of course, always try for 1sts in all your subs and you can decide you ATAR externally.

Focus is Key

HSC
Ok, I'll try to pull up that English Extension 2 (should be able to) and at hopefully pull up Maths Ext 1 to 2nd place at least.

Makematics

HSC
realise+sy123+heroicpanda's probably beat me 100x over haha

and Makematics dude, you have the weirdest subject combo ever. Never heard of geography coupled with MX1/2 and chem lol.
yeah i know right, yet to meet anyone with the same combo. But maths is my strongpoint, I also envy focusiskey's english abilities The rest are just fill-in subjects lol :p Can't wait till uni maths. Maths alllll day long none of this poetry business.

hayabusaboston

HSC
yeah i know right, yet to meet anyone with the same combo. But maths is my strongpoint, I also envy focusiskey's english abilities The rest are just fill-in subjects lol :p Can't wait till uni maths. Maths alllll day long none of this poetry business.
yea lol I wish we could just do 10 units of math n shiz, chem n phys n english are just irritating to do, cos u need to actively make an effort to remember things. If your brain is oriented mathematically then it comes naturally, no memorisation required! HAHA! and thus no effort! lol

If only HSC let u do ONE subject, not 4 or 5

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)