• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Cursing in essays? (1 Viewer)

malcolm21

HSC
N/A
If it's a quote from a movie/text, are you allowed to curse, will you lose marks or anything

keepLooking

HSC
I have been told that it really won't affect your mark but it is generally frowned upon?

astroman

HSC
it won't get marked down, but its common sense that swearing like cunt shit fuck bitch nigger makes your essay unprofessional and not formal. Also I believe if you write up some messed up shit about rape, torture, death, suicide, etc. your essay is handed to the police and u get interviewed, u still get the marks doe, this happened in 2009 for some kid in my siblings cohort.

malcolm21

HSC
N/A
it won't get marked down, but its common sense that swearing like cunt shit fuck bitch nigger makes your essay unprofessional and not formal. Also I believe if you write up some messed up shit about rape, torture, death, suicide, etc. your essay is handed to the police and u get interviewed, u still get the marks doe, this happened in 2009 for some kid in my siblings cohort.
Yeah mine isn't that screwed up, It's like just an important one liner from a text that I think would fit, it goes something like "piss off then". Do you think i could do that, it's just this single line, or should i just forget about it and find something else

astroman

HSC
Yeah mine isn't that screwed up, It's like just an important one liner from a text that I think would fit, it goes something like "piss off then". Do you think i could do that, it's just this single line, or should i just forget about it and find something else
lol thats nothing, i assume your trying to convey anger, if so, in the correct context it's fine.

Kaido

be.
HSC
I swore in my creative, got marked down
teacher gave me the "Not an advanced student" face

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
For an essay, in the context of a quote, it's fine.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
As long as you don't over do it/put a lot of swearing in it should be fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)