LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Last edited:

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
i will sacrifice to the pagan gods the first HSC 2006 person who says, "how come UWS has such a low cutoff compared to other unis.. is there something wrong with it?".

Lainee

HSC
It's nice to see UNSW's cutoff rising slightly from it's 0.20 drop last year, it was so surprising to see it drop so much that year. And USYD's 0.05 drop would've been useful last yr when one of my friends had to go full-fee because she missed by 0.05. >.<

All these high cutoffs definately show how continually popular law courses have been across the board!

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I think next time that happens I will ensure the thread is closed b4 any replies...I am so sick of that Q...I wonder though why there is no question asked replacing UWS with UNE?

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
DUDE!

wassup with usyd this year?

2 of my friends got a transfer over there. im happy for them of course. but like 2 years ago no one made it for the transfer and the year before that 2 people made it. have my two uts buddies filled in the quota or have they opened the flood gates this year? :santa:

anyone else heard of transfer success stories?

i got a transfer to UNSW but im not sure if i should take it- especially since contracts torts and fed con at UTS are seen as very enjoyable subjects by UTS students (da ones that i met) so im gonna miss out on that. and i got a really great bunch of friends at uts- even some that havent met me know my name for some stupid reason.:confused:

i really wanna do something other than biz and the sci and humanities at uts aint so great so thats my reason for transferring.

contra; its a lot harder to get Ds at UNSW isnt it! espc law. i met one guy who got 90s in a few of his law subjects and he wanted to gimme pointers over the next few years. also my first day at uts was dismally terrible- i cant bear to live that again!

any tipz peoplz? :confused:

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
either way is fine... up to you... UTS and UNSW are fine law schools..

i've been getting the same sort of marks at UNSW too :p

Rorix

HSC
mr EaZy said:
DUDE!

wassup with usyd this year?

2 of my friends got a transfer over there. im happy for them of course. but like 2 years ago no one made it for the transfer and the year before that 2 people made it. have my two uts buddies filled in the quota or have they opened the flood gates this year? :santa:

anyone else heard of transfer success stories?

Yes, there's quite a lot...it's pretty ridiculous...I don't know the exact numbers but I'd estimate only something like 20% of the people actually got 99.6+UAI...the rest are full fee/transfer/ACCESS.

jcl

HSC
usyd uai goes down by 0.05 and u think sky is falling lol. simple reason...UNSW scholarship is for 99.9 and over...USyd is for 99.95 and over...so all the ppl with 99.9 who want to do law r like fuck 10k per yr at UNSW or nothing at Usyd..n they all go uNSW...hence that uai bracket is missing from usyd now and so USyd goes down by 0.05 while UNSW goes up by 0.05...

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
jcl said:
so all the ppl with 99.9 who want to do law r like fuck 10k per yr at UNSW or nothing at Usyd..n they all go uNSW...
as i said before, i just wonder how long they can hold the requisite condition of 80 WAM. :p

Wolfowitz

, now also hated by Jews!
HSC
melsc said:
I think next time that happens I will ensure the thread is closed b4 any replies...I am so sick of that Q...I wonder though why there is no question asked replacing UWS with UNE?
There's someone kicking around BoS with a UAI of 75 who got into UNE law. Don't worry, dear. But I find UWS' 85 very disturbing. Not to be elitest, but law has to have a reasonably-high cut-off to ensure a functioning legal system. My stoner friend *** got 88.2. I'd hate to think the defence provided by counsel on acid.

"Your honour, my client is not actually a human. He is a four-foot-tall walrus and hence is incapable of robbing ANYTHING. Also, may I add a-koo-baa-joob. The defence rests."

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
Getting in with a low cut-off is all well and good - as long as the law subjects themselves are not 'toned down' to suit. I imagine there would be a high drop out/transfer rate after the first year.

Hell, some of the 96+ people I had seminars with last year could not grasp even the most basic concepts. I guess it just depends on what you're good at (for example, a 98+ maths nerd against a top band English Extension 1/2 student who got 87. Yes, I know all subjects are taken in to account, you know what I mean).

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Although, its been said many times even at open days at Syd and NSW that people with a UAI in the mid (i think) eighties should be able to cope in an Law Degree. As much as they say that i doubt a transfer would be possible with <90 Uai, for me it would already be three Ds one HD.

I hope that the subjects aren't toned down as you say but I guess it would be more a lack of competition than anything else

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)