Cyclic nature of powerplay? (1 Viewer)

tempco

HSC
I'm in need of some ideas in regards to the cyclic nature of powerplay. I'm studying Julius Caesar, Wag the Dog (movie), Hitler: Men of our Time (documentary) and Nineteen Eighty-Four.

I've got a few ideas already:

Julius Caesar
  • First Triumvirate -> Conspirators -> Second Triumvirate
  • Caesarism -> Republicanism (Conspirators) -> Caesarism (Octavius/Antony)
  • War (Caesar VS Pompey) -> Peace (relatively) -> War (Antony/Octavius VS Conspirators)
  • Public Opinion: Loved Caesar -> Hated Caesar -> Loved Caesar
Wag the Dog
  • Public Opinion: Pro-President -> Anti-President (Sex scandal/Illegal immigrant) -> Pro-President
Hitler: Men of our Time
  • Germany surrendered in WWI -> Hitler/Germany ruled all of Europe -> Germany surrended in WWII
Anyone know of anything else I can write about? Thanks!

haz_it_all

shit man thats 3 related texts aye?? thats guna be quite a bit to sqeeze in 40mins....i reakon u shuld do 2related texts. that allows u to write indepth analysis of them, aswell as links to question n other texts

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
i think caesars the core. if its not, dont use it.

edit: dont notice youve also got 1984 there. itd definately be best if you get rid of 1984 or caesar, depnding one which ones the core obviously.

Last edited:

tempco

HSC
Why's that? I've heard that both are focus texts, and you can't have 2 focus text which are chosen by the BoS, but previous students have been doing it without any problem (still get high marks)... My teacher said that you'll just have to identify which is the focus text, that's all.

Julius Caesar's my focus text, btw.

ssj_goku

There's the general argument that one group having power creates an oppressed underclass, which then desires power, overthrowing the oppressor, this revolution ultimately "donning the robes of the tyrant it saught to abolish".

tempco

HSC
Ah.. ok that's something that applies to most of my text.. apart from 1984.. thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)