Daily Study for Half Yearlys (1 Viewer)

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
My half yearly exams are in ~5-6 weeks and i'm wondering how i should go about daily revision.

My problem is balancing the current school work load with study at home on previous topics.

What I'm thinking of is chosing a syllabus dot point a night then writing a short essay on it or doing some appropriate questions after doing normal homework (text-book work) and when I have tests i'll study for the material I currently am doing.

How do you do it Bored of Studies?

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Week 1 = start, week 6 = week before exams.

1-3 = get any notes finished, typed up once only
3-4 = start reading notes on routines
5-6 = practice papers.

That is all.

seano77

Walk On
HSC
If the current school work will not be in exams then limit the work you do on it now drastically. Studying for half-yearlies is way more important as you can catch up on it after exams. However, if the current work will be examined, do it as if you are studying it now, so you won't have to do it come exam time (Or at least you'll just revise briefly). For economics: memorise the points you need to be putting in essays early on.

conics2008

HSC
Man ! I've been doing hardcore studyin.. like FULL ON TO THE MAX!!!!!!

I wake up around 5am study like there is no tomorrow and then approx 10pm i go to bed ...

This is what i do EVERYDAY.. Wake up , skip breakfast ( no time ).. do maths, english english english ... more english... and then papers for the next 4 hours... mum calls me to eat lunch, i QUICKLY go downstairs grab as much as I can handle and eat whilst going up the stairs.. I'm tellin ya right now dont waste anytime..

If you want to aim for 50+ you better study where ever you are... I'm right now angry at my self because im talking on msn and BOS :mad::mad: DOuble :mad:

quit playing around, hit the books.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
conics2008 said:
Man ! I've been doing hardcore studyin.. like FULL ON TO THE MAX!!!!!!

I wake up around 5am study like there is no tomorrow and then approx 10pm i go to bed ...

This is what i do EVERYDAY.. Wake up , skip breakfast ( no time ).. do maths, english english english ... more english... and then papers for the next 4 hours... mum calls me to eat lunch, i QUICKLY go downstairs grab as much as I can handle and eat whilst going up the stairs.. I'm tellin ya right now dont waste anytime..

If you want to aim for 50+ you better study where ever you are... I'm right now angry at my self because im talking on msn and BOS :mad::mad: DOuble :mad:

quit playing around, hit the books.
That's NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!

Waking up at 5am is just the most disgraceful thing! I wake up at 1am and as soon as I wake up, I keep hitting my books as hard as I can. I never eat until I finish all the HSC Mathematics past papers from 1988 to 2007.

Study like there is no tomorrow. Study like that your whole life depends on this exam. That kind of attitude will only get you somewhere in life.

You realise that I am joking, right?
Real advice: be consistent. Study like 1-2 hours a day and make a list of what you should do. Make sure you cover all the necessary info. Will post up more advices as soon as possible.

Last edited:

conics2008

HSC
Study like there is no tomorrow. Study like that your whole life depends on this exam. That kind of attitude will only get you somewhere in life. "

HAHA lol you funny kid, that made me laugh.. I already done my exams lol.

I was banned for 4 days lol... I just had to do this lol...

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
If you still have 5-6 weeks left. You don't have to worry. 5-6 weeks are plenty and affluent enough for you to make lists of what you should do. From today (or realistically, tomorrow), start study Mathematics & English everyday. They are the subjects where you can get the most learning out of. For other subjects, make a specific list of what you should complete & memorise.

Be consistent. It's important. Start from the smallest and gradually increase it to the maximum. I advise you to start from 1 hour and gradually increase it to 3-4 hours. Make sure you follow the syllabus and make sure your notes are applicable as your exam answers. Make the formula sheet and keep your revision up to date. Do past papers that may be relevant. Get some help wherever possible.

I am running out of advices. I will put up more under the heading, 'EDIT'. Don't forget: "Studying smart is important, studying hard is not necessarily the key to success".

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
i always, always start with mind maps of my subjects, and what i know/assume will be in my exams, for each subject.

i tend to slow down on the work that is non examinable, but not entirely; because, well, its still important, just non assessable.

after mind maps, i make more solid notes. for the first two weeks i write notes and rewrite notes in different formats, from mind maps to dot points to songs to pictures, everything.

then i start past papers and practise essays and questions. i organise group study days with my friends in my classes and combine our knowledge in the week before exams.

conics2008

HSC
EDIT'. Don't forget: "Studying smart is important, studying hard is not necessarily the key to success". COPYRIGHT !!!!!

LoL.. I always use this line on everyone.. xD.... hey where you that person that answerd that math problem i posted !!!

dpospination

HSC
conics2008 said:
Study like there is no tomorrow. Study like that your whole life depends on this exam. That kind of attitude will only get you somewhere in life. "

HAHA lol you funny kid, that made me laugh.. I already done my exams lol.

I was banned for 4 days lol... I just had to do this lol...
how do u kno if u get banned from Bored of Studies?

conics2008

HSC
lyounamu said:
???

Translation please???
ouch i feel insulted =(

that line or phrase is used from the leading edge text books... look at the back of any leading edge text books, you will see this " study smart not hard "

conics2008

HSC
dpospination said:
how do u kno if u get banned from Bored of Studies?

when i login it says you have been banned : reason : Trolling lol

xD.. its all good =)

I think its that impossible maths question i posted up, people coudn't take the pressure ohh well what can I do

gloworm14

HSC
N/A
i didnt really study until 3 weeks before my exams coz i was busy doing assessments LOL

i find following the syllabus is the best thing
making practice questions is always good
look at past papers

will tell you of my results when i get them when i go back to school;)

conics2008

HSC
lyounamu said:
I am sincerely sorry. Didn't mean to insult you. I will delete the post.

By the way, I was asking you for the 2nd paragraph of the quote.

Hey dont delete its alright, notthin went wrong, i woudn't care less, you seem to be a good guy and very BRIGHT...

Ohh i thought u were this guy who answerd my question on maths, but i was wrong. You had the same profile picture as him but his one was a cartoon one, and you are both in year 11 this year.. soo its cool.. =)

Good luck with all you're studies... what school you go to, btw i go to holroyd high ( location : unkown )

conics2008

HSC
lyounamu said:
Um, do you mean the 4 Unit question you posted up? If that's right I was the one who answered that and got it right.

OR you may be referring to my friend, Foram who is a freak in Maths.

You asked me for my school in that 4 Unit question thread too. I go to SPX by the way (St Pius X College).

yeah spot on =) ... that question ( it wasn't a 4unit question ) .. it was just unsolveable , i just wanted to see how people would react on a quesiton like this, you were spot on but you didn't justify your answer.. but u did better then everyone =)

never heard of that school =)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
conics2008 said:
yeah spot on =) ... that question ( it wasn't a 4unit question ) .. it was just unsolveable , i just wanted to see how people would react on a quesiton like this, you were spot on but you didn't justify your answer.. but u did better then everyone =)

never heard of that school =)
Yeah, I couldn't justify it. But you have to realise that I am just an ordinary teenager who is doing Extension 1 Mathematics.

Yeah, my school ain't popular but it remains as my favourite school. :uhhuh:

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
sonyaleeisapixi said:
i always, always start with mind maps of my subjects, and what i know/assume will be in my exams, for each subject.

i tend to slow down on the work that is non examinable, but not entirely; because, well, its still important, just non assessable.

after mind maps, i make more solid notes. for the first two weeks i write notes and rewrite notes in different formats, from mind maps to dot points to songs to pictures, everything.

then i start past papers and practise essays and questions. i organise group study days with my friends in my classes and combine our knowledge in the week before exams.
So its just a matter of brainstorming e.g.

------------------------------------------------->Common Examples
-------------------------------------->Bases>Defined as
Chemistry > Acids and Bases > Acids > Defined as
----------------------------------------------->Common examples

conics2008

HSC
fair enough fair enough =)

how are you finding ext 1 maths, when i was in year 11 i found it more easier then 2unit maths. I dont know why, i really reallly crap with easy question, its really bad, teacher onced told my why cound't you get the basic percentage problem right but you managed to get the last question right ?

haa

Trajan

HSC
conics2008 said:
when i login it says you have been banned : reason : Trolling lol

xD.. its all good =)

I think its that impossible maths question i posted up, people coudn't take the pressure ohh well what can I do

You got banned for 4 days for putting up a very hard maths question?

Wow.....

Last edited:

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Trajan said:
You got banned for 4 days for putting up very hard maths question?

Wow.....
No, he was banned for being a wanker in general by purposely pissing people off.

It had nothing to do with posting up a question.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)