Daily Study Plan? (1 Viewer)

zenzone

HSC
Just wanted to know what everyone's daily study plan is so far.

I have been getting home, starting homework around 4 and then I start writing my summaries for the subjects that I had on the day...

I'm not sure if that is sufficient or is even considered as "studying". What have you guys been doing, daily?

Last edited:

CaffeineMotor

HSC
That's perfectly fine to do, just having daily summaries will certainly help you to organise and effectively learn new information.

As a result of my exams starting extremely soon, I haven't been able to follow my study plan and am more or less focusing on English as the first two assessments are only a week away.

However to be ahead of the course,

I'm setting a major subject each night and focus on that for a good 1-2hr then follow through will all my other subjects for another 1/2hr. So each subject at one point will have a major day.

Then on Sunday (as much as it seems) I'm setting around 6-8hrs so basically 2hrs per subject.

This involves doing questions, writing syllabus notes, revising what I do have etc...

13endo

2011 HSC Survivor
HSC
For exam preparation I split my days into half-days (4-hours on a subject) and made a time table with the most study being done for a subject just before the exam. For example, if I had Maths on Monday, Physics Wednesday and Chemistry on Thursday, I'd focus on studying for chemistry and physics on the prior friday followed by two days of maths-focused study. Study for the further-away subjects first and lead into study for the nearest subjects so the information is fresh in your mind.

But in the end, do what works best for you. Set your iPhone timer, take regular breaks every 50-60 mins, go for a run in the morning so your mind is awake and clear and do something enjoyable as well (don't feel guilty about watching an hour of tv over ur lunch break or something.)

Good luck! Hope this helps. It worked for me.

zenzone

HSC
Thanks for sharing :) Really appreciate it

Last edited:

Eg155

HSC
I watched a video with this professor explaining the best study techniques.
He said the mind absorbs what it learns in the first part of the study session and they very end of the session; very little does it take in from the middle, so this is when practice questions should be done (like mc) where major amounts of info don't have to be taken in.
In saying this we should study short study sessions like 40 mins and do something for 5 minutes and then go back and study something else for better means of absorbing info for long term recall.

I'm trying to put this into practice too.
Hope this helped :)

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Never did a rigid daily thing...some days you're in the zone to do more, other days other things in life come up you have to attend to etc.

zenzone

HSC
I watched a video with this professor explaining the best study techniques.
He said the mind absorbs what it learns in the first part of the study session and they very end of the session; very little does it take in from the middle, so this is when practice questions should be done (like mc) where major amounts of info don't have to be taken in.
In saying this we should study short study sessions like 40 mins and do something for 5 minutes and then go back and study something else for better means of absorbing info for long term recall.

I'm trying to put this into practice too.
Hope this helped :)
That's really interesting! I'll definitely try studying like that more often :)

harrietty

HSC
I just go with the flow~
A little bit of maths, english homework, one or two science questions, then I'm done. Varies daily, depending on what's due the next day.
Takes me like, 2+ hours though.

I suppose I should start writing summaries and stuff, but tbh I think it's better to do that at the end of a certain topic, that way you can go over it all together.
Looking back over the work you did each day is good too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)