Damn analaysis essays! (1 Viewer)

Paradox.101

HSC
I've always failed exams that include an essay which require you to answer an essay question whilst referring to texts you choose and how they relate to the given topic, in this case, change in perspective.

I have chosen my texts, analysed them thoroughly - English techniques and how they relate to change in perspectives, but I'm still not yet confident for the upcoming exam this week.

What else could I do to prepare myself for this damn exam?
Oh, and how exactly do I explain how my texts relate to the concept of 'change in perspective'?

DAMN YOU ENGLISH, ALTHOUGH I LOVE IT <3

K

khorne

Well, a good start would be to brainstorm all your techniques, explain them shortly, give examples, refer to context (if applicable), and also write how these show the concept, or relate to it.

Now, you could try and imagine the question, and then write a draft essay. Leave it for a bit, refer back to it later, and re-read it. Did you answer the question? Did you relate the text to the concept?

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
Deconstruct your module and elective statements to get a summary of everything you need to know for your exam.
Organise notes for each text into these concept areas,
Then make sure you link between all your related texts plus the core text to comment on similarities and differences in concept + technique. Teachers froth on integration.
When you get an essay, make sure you know exactly what the question is asking.
Yes, just do lots of practice essays to generic questions, or maybe ask for a couple of practice essays from your teacher prior to your exam, I doubt they would mind marking a couple and giving some feedback.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)