dates (1 Viewer)

capsicum

HSC
what dates would be good for a relationship that's just beginning? like, what places and what things could you do without getting bored?

ive just begun seeing someone and i have no idea where we could go whenever he comes down. he lives in Penrith and im in the Fairfield area and so when he does come down, i don't want to waste his time or bore him.

any suggestions? :rolleyes:

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Somewhere where you're not forced to talk to each other the whole time - just in case you run out of things to say. :p

A movie is always good. :)

bernz

Hungry. Feed me.
HSC
capsicum said:
what dates would be good for a relationship that's just beginning? like, what places and what things could you do without getting bored?

ive just begun seeing someone and i have no idea where we could go whenever he comes down. he lives in Penrith and im in the Fairfield area and so when he does come down, i don't want to waste his time or bore him.

any suggestions? :rolleyes:
ARGH! Neeta City is so different from when I last visited! Sorry, used to live in Fairfield and just visited like last week... Weird.

Now to answer your question...

Go paintballing if you can!! Ice-skating? Go to Luna Park, maybe? Failing that, do stuff that you can have loads of fun with, stuff that you'd normally do with friends...

Edit: Ice-skating at Blacktown is quite reasonably priced and somewhere in-between(ish) both of you. Just bring your own food, coz the only thing worth eating there is the chips and they're not too fantastic.

Last edited:

Tuggi3

Vicious and Delicious
HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
Somewhere where you're not forced to talk to each other the whole time - just in case you run out of things to say. :p

Movies are boring... she doesn't want boring dates.

I don't understand the concept of paying 12 bucks to sit in a dark room and stare at a screen on a date. It's not impressive.

Do things with him that are in-ter-esting, video game places like galaxy world are fun, or anything really that shows him your interests and what your all about.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
jerk each other off into a cup.
hey, get it? get it? get it? ..do you get where i'm going with this?
i'm pretending you're both homosexuals.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Tuggi3 said:
Movies are boring... she doesn't want boring dates.

I don't understand the concept of paying 12 bucks to sit in a dark room and stare at a screen on a date. It's not impressive.

Do things with him that are in-ter-esting, video game places like galaxy world are fun, or anything really that shows him your interests and what your all about.
Movies aren't boring if you're not watching it... :rolleyes:

But yeah! Galaxy world is fun. :uhhuh: Except you can't really spend a whole day there. :p My favourite place to go with my boyfriend is just taking a walk around Darling Harbour, maybe watch a movie, and karaoke. It's not too planned. I hate things that are too planned.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
As mentioned a movie is a good way around any awkwardness.....

pmr_123

HSC
do whatever you you two both feel like doing, don't plan anything at all, just when you're together ask each other what you want to do, it could simply be lying arround on a bed talking, i never seem to get bored with that "talking"

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
pmr_123 said:
do whatever you you two both feel like doing, don't plan anything at all, just when you're together ask each other what you want to do, it could simply be lying arround on a bed talking, i never seem to get bored with that "talking"
You don't get in bed and have deep conversations at the beginning of a relationship.

He needs something that provides an escape from awkwardness and is at the same time fun.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Dreamerish*~ said:
You don't get in bed and have deep conversations at the beginning of a relationship.

He needs something that provides an escape from awkwardness and is at the same time fun.
She said on it dear :p

Im thinking just chatting is great, just find somewhere quiet and shit, perhaps on a lakeside, or somewhere you can just see if things might work out.

If you run out of things to talk about, then thats a sure sign things may not work out. If you can do any activity and just not care about it and rather just have fun with her, thats a sign of yes. (substitute he/she her/him etc)

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
AsyLum said:
She said on it dear :p

Im thinking just chatting is great, just find somewhere quiet and shit, perhaps on a lakeside, or somewhere you can just see if things might work out.

If you run out of things to talk about, then thats a sure sign things may not work out. If you can do any activity and just not care about it and rather just have fun with her, thats a sign of yes. (substitute he/she her/him etc)
Yeah, I agree that if you have serious conversation barriers, then there's a problem with the relationship.

It's normal to be nervous or shy the first time you go out, so don't worry if you're not 100% comfortable or if there are frequent gaps of silence, but if you're still struggling a few weeks down the track, then you just don't "click" with her. Some people just don't click.

santaslayer

HSC
omgomgomgomg...

bowling

harbour bridge walk thingy majigy..

depending on the type of girl/guy they are, u can probably watch a certain type of movie...humour is always good...make sure u talk about it later on so u can crap on about the good points of the movie...i know a ladyfriend is obsessed with jane austen, so i know what movie im picking this weekend. :p...fuck i need to study the story beforehand...wheres can i get a pride and prejudice hsc excel guide..:(

karaoke if shes comfortable enough...

ddr...omg..lol

arcade...pool..

ice skating

omg double dating works...!! :uhhuh:

golf!...esp if she has no idea how to play...very easy for u to help her out by going behind her. :p

tennis?

luna park/theme parks??..mine was afraid of heights so i took her to the darling harbour walk first..she got more comfortable afterwards. :)

the sexpo!!!...whenever its on...comfort zone must be considered :p

da motor show

go to star city and start gambling..lol

buffet and pig out...of course, only if ure both comfortable...

ehhh... study together...make sure u KNOW ure material so u can impress. :p

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:

spending the whole date where the only thing u can do is talk isn't such a bad thing. i went on a date on the weekend with a guy ive met twice, and we talked for 2 hours straight. sure there were silences, but they were nice silences and not awkward ones.

i guess it depends on the people

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
I like movie festivals........

Arcades are always fun. So is ice-cream.

Bowling is best with friends I think.

Mini/Putt-Putt Golf

Luna Park

Unplanned is good, no time constrictions.

santaslayer

HSC
bscienceboi said:
I like movie festivals........

Arcades are always fun. So is ice-cream.

Bowling is best with friends I think.

Mini/Putt-Putt Golf

Luna Park

Unplanned is good, no time constrictions.
Except if the girl has a fucking curfew. :p

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
fun stuff!! bowling, amusement parks, ice skating, anything like that. if you're looking for something less energetic, go out for lunch together or just go for a walk somplace nice. if you find that you get awkward and run out of stuff to say coz you're nervous or whatever then a movie could be alright i guess, until you feel more comfortable...but really, you go on a date to get to know the person, not to watch other people doing stuff for 2 hours. movie = bleh.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
bernz said:
Ice-skating at Blacktown is quite reasonably priced and somewhere in-between(ish) both of you. Just bring your own food, coz the only thing worth eating there is the chips and they're not too fantastic.
Just make sure he can Ice-Skate first!

capsicum

HSC
thanks for all the suggestions! you guys have given me plenty of great ideas =)

i was thinking of bike riding at Centennial Park too... =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)