dates (1 Viewer)

dancin_beanie

HSC
N/A
Hey i'm just wondering if the calander is going to go up for 2006?
or if anyone knows the actual date of when school starts this fall? and when you guys have mid-semester break? or around what time if the dates aren't up yet!!

thanks a lot!!

4 more weeks until i'm there!! ;)

Mel

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
The calender is here:
http://www.uws.edu.au/students/stuadmin/dateline/2006

Uni starts on 27th of Feb. We have an easter long weekend, which is included in the mid-semester break, so mid-semester break is from 14 - 21 April. Stuvac commences 5 June, and exams start 13 June (After the queens birthday long weekend).

Btw, we call it Autumn here, not fall.

L

LaraB

make sure it matches with what course you're doing:)

coz most courses go by autumn/spring semester but some have different times of year for commencement, break etc

dancin_beanie

HSC
N/A
Cape said:
The calender is here:
http://www.uws.edu.au/students/stuadmin/dateline/2006

Uni starts on 27th of Feb. We have an easter long weekend, which is included in the mid-semester break, so mid-semester break is from 14 - 21 April. Stuvac commences 5 June, and exams start 13 June (After the queens birthday long weekend).

Btw, we call it Autumn here, not fall.

i know it's weird cuz it's WINTER HERE haha and soon it will be spring... but ya autumn and fall.. same thing ;) i guess it makes more sense to call it fall here since all the leaves fall off the trees after turning beautiful shades of yellow and orange and red!!

anyhow.. what is stuvac???

LaraB said:
make sure it matches with what course you're doing:)

coz most courses go by autumn/spring semester but some have different times of year for commencement, break etc

what do u mean by this?? i'm confused!! all my classes are autumn session only since i'm only there for the one semester!! :)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
dancin_beanie said:
i know it's weird cuz it's WINTER HERE haha and soon it will be spring... but ya autumn and fall.. same thing ;) i guess it makes more sense to call it fall here since all the leaves fall off the trees after turning beautiful shades of yellow and orange and red!!

anyhow.. what is stuvac???
Your just going to love Sydney's weather! One day it was like 45 degrees, and now I have to wear a jumper and its raining. Its worse than Melbourne (don't worry if you don't get that joke)

melsc said:
^ Stuvac is 'study vacation' Its like time off from uni which you are supposed to spend study for the exams in the next weeks.
Highlighted, soley cause, yeah. I never study during stuvac :p

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
yes that was intentional (i don't think I used much of HSC stuvac for study)

We have developed Melbourne weather I think...this week has been crazY! I hope we don't have another 45er comming

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
melsc said:
yes that was intentional (i don't think I used much of HSC stuvac for study)

We have developed Melbourne weather I think...this week has been crazY! I hope we don't have another 45er comming
I use stuvac for catching up on sleep :p

Same here, I don't think I could cope with another 45er. I can't cope with heat at all. It kills me when I go to uni in the first few months - its so hot! I remember during first year, it was 60 degrees in one of our biology labs cause it didn't have air con, we had to have a break like every 10 minutes.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Is there aircon at UWS, my skool had no aircon except the library.

On the 45er I stayed inside (ducted aircon booyeah) but I couldnt go for a swim in the pool coz it was so hot outside i would have been burnt to a crisp!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Some lecture rooms have air conditioning generally the large rooms with steps, computer labs and library has air conditioning. Some campuses are cooler than others. I noticed that parra is awfully cooler (temperature :p) than hawkesbury. We barely have any air con at hawkesbury :(

I stayed inside and played the playstation all day. Take my mind off the heat, couldn't even run across the path to the next door neighbours pool :(

dancin_beanie

HSC
N/A
oh man thats how late tutorial registration opens?? haha i'll already be there!! woohoo lol

45 degrees celcius.. wow i'll dye haha right now it's in the negatives... actually its been quite a warm winter.. not too low in the negatives! and the last few days has been in the positives... 5 degrees right now (1am)

anyway.. i think i got the melbourne joke... is it b/c the weather fluctuates constantly there?? haha
and i think it's so funny when u say i needed a "jumper" every time u say that i think of overall's or those suits painters wear... that's what we call jumpers here.. u know those one piece baby suits baby's wear? those are what we call "jumpers" haha but i know u just mean a sweater with a hoodie or a zip up hoodie... that's what we call em here ;) HOODIE'S!!!

anyway guys thanks for the info... and when we have reading week here... (equivalent to your mid semester break) no one studies.. they usually go away on vacation... like an american's "spring break" to mexico or somewhere in the carribean! lol

L

LaraB

dancin_beanie said:
iwhat do u mean by this?? i'm confused!! all my classes are autumn session only since i'm only there for the one semester!! :)
i meant to check to make sure you have a 'autumn/spring' timetable because the dates everyone's talking about on here are for autumn/spring students..

there's also summer and winter semesters... largely for those who fail unit in aut/spring or people who wanna get a few units outa the way early..

but there'a also some courses that divide their year into halve or quarters that aren't in line with everyone else.

If you know you are autumn/spring then don't worry about it coz it doesn't matter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)