Daughter urged to bash disabled teen (1 Viewer)

Brontozaurus

HSC
I think you'll find that she'll have the book thrown at her.
I hope the book being thrown is the biggest encyclopedia ever.

Seriously, the woman's a veritable psycho. I hate to think what her kids will end up as.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Don't know if this has been posted so here it is;

A MOTHER who shouted at her daughter to hit and kick a disabled teenage girl and then posted footage of the attack on MySpace has pleaded guilty.

The woman admitted to her role in the 30-minute attack in Melbourne in January that left the girl with 38 bruises, including a closed eye and scratches to her face and body.

The mother, from St Albans, who cannot be identified for legal reasons, pleaded guilty in the Sunshine Magistrates Court to affray and recklessly causing serious injury to the 16-year-old victim, who is developmentally delayed.

The girl was unable to stand up by herself after the attack and had to be treated in the Royal Children's Hospital.

Police alleged at an earlier hearing that her wallet and mobile phone were also taken during the assault.

Constable Kevin Squires said at that hearing a group of teenagers devised a plan to get the girl to a house saying they would be her friend if she came.

The court heard the group then took the girl to a nearby park and two of the teenagers began attacking her.

Const Squires said the mother laughed and encouraged the attack, telling her daughter things like: "Hit her, hit her harder," "I taught you better than that" and "hit her like your dad would".

He said the mother also gave the daughter tips on how to kick the girl harder and laughed.

The mother was bailed to appear in the Victorian County Court on December 1 for a pre-sentence hearing.

Source: Daughter urged to bash disabled teen | National News | News.com.au

Discuss.
I cannot understand individuals with such complete lack of compassion...just can't.

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
what do youy have to support that statement?

We know developmentally challenged ppl can't process information as well as others. Being bashed, and pain, is a form of information. Hence, they suffer less.

That's me thesis, what's yours?
Pain and suffering are very basic feelings, and "processing information" has little to do with experiencing them. It would be my thesis that, if anything, a lack of "processing" abilities would enhance rather than diminish said person's suffering. Why would confusion do anything but make the experience even worse?

That said, I would like to make it clear that just because I am arguing with you on this, doesn't mean that I agree that the this should be the premise upon which we judge the severity of the crime.

_GOD_

HSC
2 explain:

1) mother have a log stuck up bum or
2) mother have a log stuck up bum

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Horrible. The mother should have acted better than that, considering she is an adult citizen of our country. What kind of example is she setting? should have her children taken off her and her Clink payments suspended lol.

Probably doesnt help that this hits home for me when my mates young sister got bashed in a mcdonalds carpark by another girl and her 35yr old mother [didnt just encourage her daughter, actually threw punches]

As adults, and especially people who are parents, we should never be encouraging violence between the young, hot blooded and impressionable kids.

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A
TullyB said:
Pain and suffering are very basic feelings, and "processing information" has little to do with experiencing them. It would be my thesis that, if anything, a lack of "processing" abilities would enhance rather than diminish said person's suffering. Why would confusion do anything but make the experience even worse?
Guy, what you're saying makes no sense. Pain and suffering and processed in the brain like any other piece of information. Pain IS information. Suffering IS information. A quadraplegic has problems in the superhighway from the limb to the brain, and hence they cannot experience pain. I hypothesise that an individual whose development has been retarded from the normal, God prescribed direction, cannot experience suffering and pain to the same extent that we can because their information processing unit, the brain, is not as developed as ours.

If you didn't have a brain, you wouldn't be able to suffer. Retarded people, animals, and cheese have lesser brains than we do, and hence it is not a leap to suggest that they cannot process information such as pain and suffering as well as we normal, acceptable citizens can.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Only certain parts of the brain is malfunctioning, not all of it. If all it was malfunctioning, they would be brain dead and would not be walking around.

The victim obviously had the "Processing Power" to do day to day tasks, so why should the sentence be anymore lenient then it would be if the victim was not mentally ill at all?

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A
Oh plz. The brain in inexplicorably linked! You give yourself a lobotomy and almost every behaviour is affected! You don't just knock out the "maths centre" and get to go about your daily business as normal.

Christ!

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Bi-Polar, chemical inbalance.

Mutes, lack of function in the speech part of the brain.

Alzheimer's, shrinkage of the brain concerning speech, balance, and memory.

All different parts of the brain affected, but none of these affect ALL of the.

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A
please explain to me the symptoms of bipolar, and you'll notice that it affects almost all parts of daily function

alzheimer's is the same

you imbecile. they should have attacked you.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
I was misdiagnosed with Bi-Polar, i would know what it entails.

Sufferers from both these disorders can live pretty normal lives with the right routines and the right medication (dependent on severity).

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A
Clearly this bipolar affects more than just your mood though, right? Through affecting your mood it affects a lot of other things. Being depressed has a variety of effects - cannot concentrate, anorexia, etc. Mania is the opposite.

And yes, you can live a normal life with medication. Mmmhmm. Point proven.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
And how do you know if she wasnt taking meds or not, no one has even told us wtf she was suffering from, from all we know she could of been suffering from ADD.

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
Guy, what you're saying makes no sense. Pain and suffering and processed in the brain like any other piece of information. Pain IS information. Suffering IS information. A quadraplegic has problems in the superhighway from the limb to the brain, and hence they cannot experience pain. I hypothesise that an individual whose development has been retarded from the normal, God prescribed direction, cannot experience suffering and pain to the same extent that we can because their information processing unit, the brain, is not as developed as ours.

If you didn't have a brain, you wouldn't be able to suffer. Retarded people, animals, and cheese have lesser brains than we do, and hence it is not a leap to suggest that they cannot process information such as pain and suffering as well as we normal, acceptable citizens can.
I've got to say, Mr Prime Minister, that I think you're looking at this too simplistically. Can't you see where I'm coming from when I say that if their inability to process information would making suffering wourse, even if suffering is, as you say, a form of information? I think the key word here is form. Yes, all aspects of the brain are inextricably linked as you say here:

The brain in inexplicorably linked!
but, if anything, I would say that this supports my argument. Isn't it possible that a diminished capacity in one part of the brain, instead of simply diminishing all parts, has adverse effects on them? One of these effects, I propose, would be an enhanced sense of suffering/pain in such situations as these, due to (mainly) the confusion felt by said sufferer.

Now does what I'm trying to put across make any sense, even if you don't particularly agree with it? I mean, I can't be certain of my opinion, but really, neither can you.

Scinery

HSC
Retarded people, animals, and cheese have lesser brains than we do, and hence it is not a leap to suggest that they cannot process information such as pain and suffering as well as we normal, acceptable citizens can.
Ok I'm beginning to see His point. Why should people be punished for playing with their food?

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
Were you guys crippled from birth, or did you become crippled in an accident like that b-b-butthole christopher r-reeve?
Hahaha *sighs*. Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy, when will you learn?

Anywho, reply to my previous post Mr Netanyahu. It should have cleared up any confusion you had with my argument.

EDIT: You shall not paaaaa. You shall not p-p-paaaaaa. You shall not p-p-p-p-p-paaaaaaa. You shall not paaaaaaaaa........ You shall not pass.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)