• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

davidgoes4wce Useful Maths Ext 1 Questions & Textbook Errata 2015-2016 (1 Viewer)

davidgoes4wce

HSC
N/A
Re: Mistakes from Text Book Thread

I am not sure if you understand my point.

My point is, by just posting a ton of mistakes one at a time students will need to consistently search for the exact typo/mistake they require. This can be extremely tiring and off-putting as they have to read each individual post to know which mistake they want addressed.

I never said the idea of correcting textbooks is bad. I am saying that forcing the students to look hard to find the mistake they require is pointless.
Actually, I am a contrarian to that view, I think it would be good to keep tally maybe after 25-30 pages on this thread to see which textbook indeed does make the most mistakes. At the moment there is a perception that the Grove text is full ridden of mistakes but there are also mistakes in the Cambridge texts.

OK After today I will probably keep note of the minor errors to myself and the major errors to important questions I'll ask in the Marathon threads. No one wants to hear about small typos, which is fair enough. (I'm just used to doing things 'centimeter perfect' in the past)

leehuan

HSC
Re: Mistakes from Text Book Thread

Actually, I am a contrarian to that view, I think it would be good to keep tally maybe after 25-30 pages on this thread to see which textbook indeed does make the most mistakes. At the moment there is a perception that the Grove text is full ridden of mistakes but there are also mistakes in the Cambridge texts.

OK After today I will probably keep note of the minor errors to myself and the major errors to important questions I'll ask in the Marathon threads. No one wants to hear about small typos, which is fair enough. (I'm just used to doing things 'centimeter perfect' in the past)
You may choose to keep tally, but then you are the only one benefiting.

I interpret this thread as a good idea because it was designed to allow every HSC student to find where the mistakes are. The way I see it is if you want 25 pages just for your own sake, then the assistance to the students is diminished.

At the very least, create a google doc or spreadsheet, so that it is easier for the students to keep track of where they can find the mistake more easily. That way, nobody loses. Make a post; add an entry to the google doc, done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)