Davis Cup (1 Viewer)

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I can't even watch tennis when I am drunk, it's still too boring, so I certaintly won't be watching any of it while I am sober.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
I saw a little bit of Hewitt's match. I'm not a tennis fan. But I think he should be on his honeymoon, not hitting clay out of his shoes :p

^___^
HSC
anyone watched Sports Tonight just then?

Hewitt described Argentina as being arrogant and sore losers (well, he targetted Coria, but he really is targetting the whole team including their captain)

i think he should have a good look at himself in the mirror

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
... said:
anyone watched Sports Tonight just then?

Hewitt described Argentina as being arrogant and sore losers (well, he targetted Coria, but he really is targetting the whole team including their captain)

i think he should have a good look at himself in the mirror
coria said he wanted to kill hewitt, hehe

arthurs takes 3rd set!!!

HSC
whens the next match? wen he plays nalbandian? or wont he play him

sarevok

HSC
"Fanatical support upsets Argies

By LEO SCHLINK

July 16, 2005

AUSTRALIA'S Davis Cup support group, The Fanatics, yesterday became embroiled in the vicious psychological warfare between Lleyton Hewitt and Argentine Guillermo Coria.

Clad in T-shirts bearing illustrations of a needle exchange, drug store and a pharmacy prescription outlet under the words "Where's Willie?", the group clearly irked the visitors.

The T-shirt slogan was interpreted as a direct reference to Guillermo "Willie" Canas, Argentina's top-ranked player who is absent from the tie because of an ATP doping investigation. The world No. 8 returned an irregularity – believed to be a diuretic – when tested in Acapulco in February and withdrew from the tie because of the on-going investigation.

Coria was last night accused by Hewitt of spitting at Fanatics organiser Warren Livingstone.

The Argentine denied doing so.

Livingstone last night confirmed Coria had walked towards the support group's bloc seating in the southern stand midway through the fourth set before spitting

Coria was also accused of spitting at German referee Norbet Peick.

Coria and fellow French Open runner-up Mariano Puerta have both been suspended for failing drugs test.

Juan Ignacio Chela, who spat at Hewitt during the Australian Open in January, also has been banned for drug test failures.

The unmistakably provocative nature of The Fanatics' T-shirts illustrates a broader perception of Argentine players among their fellow competitors.

Max Mirnyi, of Belarus, last year scathingly questioned the South Americans' stunning success, suggesting something sinister might be afoot. Dutchman John van Lottum and former world No. 1 Jim Courier are among a group of former players to raise questions."

The picture on the T-Shirt:
http://www.thefanatics.com/miscimages/willie2.gif

Source: http://dailytelegraph.news.com.au/story.jsp?sectionid=1264&storyid=3449498

^___^
HSC
yeah well, the australians said the spanish crowds were the worst in the world when they played Davis Cup against them, now they are doing the same stuff and they think they are in their own rights.

And the bottom paragraph kinda shits me, just because Argentina produces good players, it does not mean they use drugs. Thats the biggest load of bullcrap i've ever heard

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)