Deaf black lesbian accused of chainsaw murder (1 Viewer)

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
LOL!

smh.com.au said:
The trial in South Dakota of a deaf, black lesbian accused of murdering a rival and dismembering her with a chainsaw has shocked the rural midwestern US state.

Daphne Wright, 43, could become the first woman sent to death row in South Dakota, which has not executed a prisoner in more than 60 years.

Wright is accused of kidnapping and murdering a heterosexual deaf woman, Darlene VanderGiesen, 42, whom she thought was spending too much time with her girlfriend.

Emotional testimony and gruesome exhibits filled the first week of her trial, and worse is to come: prosecutors are expected to show jurors a video of a pig being dismembered with the same type of chainsaw Wright bought two days after VanderGiesen disappeared.

VanderGiesen's mother sobbed and stepped out of the courtroom as jurors passed around her daughter's charred brassiere on Thursday.

But she managed to sit stoically as a maintenance worker described finding her daughter's head and navel wrapped in bags and bed sheets that other witnesses linked to Wright.

Flecks of VanderGiesen's bone and tissue were found hidden under a coat of fresh paint in Wright's basement, where the smell of petrol lingered days after VanderGiesen's charred remains were left in a nearby dumpster and in a steep ravine 30 kilometres away, police testified.

Prosecutors said a vengeful Wright persuaded VanderGiesen to meet her and to enter her car on February 1, 2006. Wright then killed her with either a blow to the head or by suffocation, according to prosecutors.

After two days spent scrounging up money to buy a chainsaw, Wright chopped up the body at the knees and navel and disposed of the pieces, prosecutor Dave Nelson said in opening statements last week.

"The reason for this murder? Jealousy," he told jurors.

Police were led to Wright after VanderGiesen's sister showed them several insulting emails Wright had sent to her rival a week before she disappeared.

Wright acknowledged to police that she thought VanderGiesen was trying to destroy her relationship with girlfriend Sallie Collins, but said they reconciled after a confrontation.

She denied harming the woman, though her story changed several times while talking to police.

Public defender Traci Smith told jurors the state had no evidence that Wright kidnapped or murdered VanderGiesen, and said police had failed to follow leads pointing to other suspects.

She said the emails were not evidence of a motive for the horrific slaying.
LOL!

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
Funny how they'd never say "a hearing, white, straight woman..."

And I don't find the whole thing particularly funny. Someone was brutally murdered.

T

trolloutaface

haha @ "deaf, black lesbian".

they described her so nicely :rolleyes:

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Tomorrow: Straight white woman who has the ability to hear holds children hostage!

beentherdunthat

HSC
bazookajoe said:
Tomorrow: Straight white woman who has the ability to hear holds children hostage!
LMAO...

This whole article is SO disturbing... Sentenced to death... Chainsaw ... it sounds like something out of a Hollywood Horror. We have a new terrorist in town, I guess. No more generalizing, people!!!

"...prosecutors are expected to show jurors a video of a pig being dismembered with the same type of chainsaw Wright bought two days after VanderGiesen disappeared..."

What does this have anything to do with what happened... ?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
dagwoman said:
Funny how they'd never say "a hearing, white, straight woman..."

And I don't find the whole thing particularly funny. Someone was brutally murdered.
That's because you only label things that deviate from the norm.

On a side note today I didn't go into space, I breathed approximately once every few seconds and I walked using my feet.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
Exphate said:
Why the fuck does it matter that she was deaf, black and a lesbian?
Stupid southern USA hicks.

Keyword: Racism.

zdzislaw

Jack, much
HSC
Ok, that was random. Does this actually qualify as 'journalism' i mean where is our country, nay, our entire gloabal population heading if this type of rubbish keeps coming up time and time again. They turned what was potentially a devastating and significant event into a laughing stock.

Sorry SMH you didn't cut it this time.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
zdzislaw said:
Ok, that was random. Does this actually qualify as 'journalism' i mean where is our country, nay, our entire gloabal population heading if this type of rubbish keeps coming up time and time again. They turned what was potentially a devastating and significant event into a laughing stock.

Sorry SMH you didn't cut it this time.
I don't see what they've made "funny" here. It's mostly just Matt's (breaking) interpretation of it.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
Tulipa said:
Um or not?

The southern USA doesn't rule the northern area. It's a rural area (S. Dakota) but the south wouldn't really affect it.

Ever hear of the Civil War fool?
See the smiley face?

I wasn't serious.

:)

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
S1M0 said:
Stupid southern USA hicks.

Keyword: Racism.
It was an Australian article. Australians are just as racist as Americans.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
dagwoman said:
It was an Australian article. Australians are just as racist as Americans.
See my above post.

:) = I WASNT SERIOUS.

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
You didn't put a smiley icon in the post I was referring to, but it doesn't matter.

circusmind

HSC
dagwoman said:
Australians are just as racist as Americans.
As in not terribly racist?

(ignoring for a second the irony of generalising about how racist a specific race is)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)