• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Dealing with Acne during High School Years? (1 Viewer)

fishfingerz

HSC
Yeah roaccutane is bad. I remember the year I was on it, i had to change pillowcases like 5 times a wk because i used to get nosebleeds. Maybe that's why i didn't get anymore pimples, lol, fresh pillowcases. Anyways, side effects depends on the person. I also use to get dry eyes.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Personally I would try to avoid it as much as possible, but I guess sometimes you just can't.

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad
i had dry lips and dry nostrils, and i would get nosebleeds for a few days everytime my dermatologist told me to increase my daily dosage. my lower back was sore for the first few months on roaccutane.

juicystar07

HSC
N/A
thanks heaps you guys! i really appreciate your help!
well with me, during the holidays, i got a lot of my pimples on my forehead, and they were all close to each other, so it looked like it was a massive pimple in it's self -__-
anyways, i went to the doctors, and he prescribed me this antibiotic because he said that roaccutane should be a last resort for me.
i have been on the antibiotic for four weeks, and NO difference at all!

i would absolutely use acne medication, but i am allergic to benzoyl peroxide which is the main ingredient in proactiv -__- can it get any worse?

but basically, i have been using concealer numerous amount of time, because i do feel extremely insecure about it, because even though people say a lot of people have acne, no -one in my school does :/
i think it is my sunscreen, is that possible?

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
been on roaccutane for 1-2 months and it's just about all cleared!

Jaundice

Banned
HSC
N/A
thanks heaps you guys! i really appreciate your help!
well with me, during the holidays, i got a lot of my pimples on my forehead, and they were all close to each other, so it looked like it was a massive pimple in it's self -__-
anyways, i went to the doctors, and he prescribed me this antibiotic because he said that roaccutane should be a last resort for me.
i have been on the antibiotic for four weeks, and NO difference at all!

i would absolutely use acne medication, but i am allergic to benzoyl peroxide which is the main ingredient in proactiv -__- can it get any worse?

but basically, i have been using concealer numerous amount of time, because i do feel extremely insecure about it, because even though people say a lot of people have acne, no -one in my school does :/
i think it is my sunscreen, is that possible?
is your concealer a medicated special one for acne prone people? I would stay away from concealer if it isnt because it clogs pores. Same with other makeup.

If you are a girl you can go on the Yaz, Yasmine or Diane Pills. They are good with treating puberty hormonal pimples that go away later in life. If they aren't then you can use these pills but once you get off them your skill will most likely go back to being bad.

fishfingerz

HSC
I can't remember the last time I used sunscreen. Damn, should really buy a bottle.

muhahahahahaha

HSC
yeah the dermatologists usually do prescribe contraceptive pills as a means of treating acne, however, people who have been on the pill say that it could greatly affect your hormonal cycle- i.e. not a stable cycle. Roaccutane should ONLY be a last resort means of getting rid of acne because of the extremely harsh side effects. Try to see a dermatologist-erythromycin tablets help a lot. I was on another type of antibiotic before that but it just didnt work. A dermatologist would assess your skin and will give you consultation on what the best treatment for you will be. Do not, and i cant stress this enough, go to several gp's, each of whom will prescribe you a cocktail of medications. The more you play with your face using creams and whatever else they prescribe, the more likely you will end up with scarring-which will go in a few years if lucky or will never go if the layers of the skin have been destroyed! Dont pop your pimples, they leave holes in yoru face. Just keep your face clean-so whenever you get the chance to wash your face, do so. As stated in previous posts-dont wash your face with cetaphil. I washed my face with that stuff for a year and it honestly just makes your face more oily, makingit even more prone to acne.
Hope this post helps :)

jessxxr

HSC
Roaccutane was my life saver last year!! <3 <3 <3 i guess i was one of the lucky ones though in terms of side effects as i only got really dry lips, dry face, mild muscle aches ummmm i think thats all :)
i would highly recommend it, even though people say it should be the last resort, if i had went on roaccutane when i first heard about it, it would of made everything so much easier.

Last edited:

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
the side effects have been pretty light on me

had dry lips for a week, facial skin was dry around the mouth for that same week, one head ache which lasted for 2 days [in that same week]

and havent applied any sun screen.. yet haven't even felt any irritated skin

apart from the week that i was up shit creek, been pretty good

Bendent

HSC
ahh memories. you know genetics play a huge role in this, regardless if you eat nothing even. and skin problems are like the most difficult type to 'cure' or takes a long time to heal.

btw if urs' really bad, steroid pills work lol

Lina3

HSC
My advice is do not wear make-up. It blocks your pores and the more make-up you wear the more pimples you get, the more pimples you get the more make-up you wear...and hence the problem gets worse. I was an early bloomer and had pretty bad acne on my forehead in year 6, it lasted until year 8, during that time I cleansed my face daily and never wore make-up and it eventually went away. Many people have this issue later than I did, after they come to high school, a time when they are more self-conscious. Give it time. If it is really affecting your self-esteem, see a dermatologist.

Isho

Banned
HSC
N/A
Eucalyptus oil (concentrated) works. Seriously.
Get a piece of bud and dip it into the oil, and wipe around areas affected. It has a strong smell with a burning sensation, but do not wash it off. And, do NOT put too much on your face, otherwise your whole face will get red.
Within a few days, you'll see a lot of improvement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)