Dealing with procrastination (1 Viewer)

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
I can't deal with it, been procrastinating since forever.

theind1996

HSC
N/A
It's unavoidable. It's just about managing it properly. (I'm a hypocrite).

Parvee

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
HSC
The best thing you can do is clear your study area from any distractions

enoilgam

HSC
It's unavoidable. It's just about managing it properly. (I'm a hypocrite).
This pretty much. Someone made a great post on this a few months ago and I'll repost it for the OP

throughout high school i came to accept something - procrastination is inevitable. you will procrastinate no matter what. it just comes down to, as carrot said, a matter of self control and discipline to ensure that you procrastinate smartly. if you can do this, that is effectively my definition of efficient study.

pscecelia

HSC
I put my iphone on airplane mode n put my other technologies n another room so it makes me lazy go n get them :))) taddaaaa

HSC
Set achievable lists. Break things into parts.
That's actually really good. Like for maths, I write down all the questions I need to do, and cross them off one at a time. This sounds incredibly stupid, but it makes me happy when I can cross one off every 5 minutes. LOL. =(

HSC
That's actually really good. Like for maths, I write down all the questions I need to do, and cross them off one at a time. This sounds incredibly stupid, but it makes me happy when I can cross one off every 5 minutes. LOL. =(
same, I love that feeling haha

Demento1

Philosopher.
HSC
I'm sure i've mentioned this to people before:

Write sticky notes of the goals you want to complete within a day and tape them everywhere around your house. It works for me.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I feel students have a strong desire for their studies to be validated on a regular basis. In these cases, self-gratification is a tool students should use to their advantage.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Even breaking things down into subjects helps. Saying "I need to study English and Maths" gets more done than just "I need to study". Ideally breaking it down into tasks works best: "I need to find at least 10 quotes" or "I need to answer at least 10 trig questions"

Speaking of which, it's only 4pm and I've already done everything planned for today. You not only get it done, but you get it done faster.

enoilgam

HSC
I feel students have a strong desire for their studies to be validated on a regular basis. In these cases, self-gratification is a tool students should use to their advantage.
Let me guess, you just finished writing an essay or part thereof. Regardless, what you and AZ have said is very true.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)