Dear lefties, Rudd is a CRIMINAL who has BETRAYED you (1 Viewer)

Lauchlan

HSC
they are not meant to be progressive, they the liberal party a centre right party, they don't advertise themselves as being progressive

the Labour party is advertised as being progressive on social issues and as the op has stated they have failed on this. but of course as i have already said i thought everybody already knew they weren't going to be a progressive government and people were just voting out work choices.
i used "progressive" in a very generic sense, NOT specifically regarding social issues.

so are you implying that the previous liberal party weren't progressive at all?

HSC
i used "progressive" in a very generic sense, NOT specifically regarding social issues.

so are you implying that the previous liberal party weren't progressive at all?
ugh

i have literally never seen you post something even remotely intelligent i just want you to die

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
I don't know why I have to keep telling people to do this, but click my sig god damnit.

Really, zombie omie jay, he's too stupid to be bullied on the interweb anyway. He's useless to you.

BOS Negro

HSC
i new dat nigga rudd was a crakpot

he crazier dena muddafuka

ilikebeeef

HSC
Incorrect.
In the 'libertarian' world there are no laws to break, thus one cannot be a criminal.

Just take rural Somalia for example, it's one of the most libertarian countries in the world. The government has little to no role in peoples lives, there is no social security, there is no 'government interference' in the 'free market', in fact the entire society is governed by these 'free market' forces you worship.

Now if someone in Somalia decides to go and murder a family and acquire there house and land, one cannot label them a criminal without appealing to, and projecting onto them, the laws of a foreign country. In the eyes of the 'free market' they are perfectly rational utility maximizes, and their actions are perfectly efficient.

I say no to this, the libertarian doctrine is academically outdated and morally repulsive.
So you have two options, stay in 'big-goverment' Australia, or go and live in 'free market' Somalia.
I think I know which one you deadbeats will choose.
Hypocrites.
Libertarianism =/= anarchy. You got them confused.

You also got social freedom and economic freedom confused. It is possible for a country to be an authoritarian one with a free market, or a socially free one with a "left" approach.

See: Political Compass

ilikebeeef

HSC
To those young people and left wing minded people who thought Rudd would be a progressive, how do you feel about the fact that he has:

-Plans to implement mandatory internet censorship
-Failed to remove Australian troops from the middle east.
-Failed to change or even discuss changes to Australia's drastically increased police powers implemented by Howard.
-Made no effort to change Australia's cruel and expensive policy of mandatory detention of asylum seekers. (Note: Department of Immigration is rejecting applications for asylum at a higher rate under Rudd than it was under Howard).
-Has not even mentioned liberalization of drug laws despite the progress being made in Europe and the US.
-Openly opposes same sex marriage, and rights to adoption and IVF for same sex couples.

Lefties loved to bag out Howard as socially conservative and wanting to bring Australia back to the 1950s, however Rudd has maintained or expanded all the socially conservative policies of the Howard era, and in addition plans implement an internet filtering system that would place Australia amongst the most authoritarian regimes on earth!
I am disappointed especially on the issue of introducing Internet censorship. I like Australia over China for a reason.

Atm both Liberal and Labor suck imo.

HSC
Uni Grad
I am disappointed especially on the issue of introducing Internet censorship. I like Australia over China for a reason.

Atm both Liberal and Labor suck imo.
Agreed, we need someone who actually has some desire for freedom/liberty.

TacoTerrorist

HSC
Phoenix Fury said:
Agreed, we need someone who actually has some desire for freedom/liberty.
Lol. As if any PM would have that desire, and even if they did, the true power is not held by Parliament but by the wealthy elite. This is why reform and the ballot don't change shit. They're always going to try and reduce our freedoms.

FlipX

HSC
The only possible government I can think of that wouldn't be socially regressive in this country, would be something like Turnbull/Hockey as PM with a substantial Greens minority to keep out any conservative bullshit.
Turnbull needs to quit dicking around and pull a Brutus already. I mean, these are our current options?
Bucket of dead fish > Ruddkip > Jug-ears.
Well, there's Bob Brown. But sadly, I don't think he knows how to fling about the phrase "working families" as effectively as the major-party pollies.

i have literally never seen you post something even remotely intelligent i just want you to die
THIS.

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
Turnbull needs to quit dicking around and pull a Brutus already. I mean, these are our current options?
Bucket of dead fish > Ruddkip > Jug-ears.
Well, there's Bob Brown. But sadly, I don't think he knows how to fling about the phrase "working families" as effectively as the major-party pollies.

THIS.
As a homosexual, how could he possibly understand the plight & struggle of the middle class working family?

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
what plight do homosexuals understand besides the plight of getting AIDS and riding around on big paper mache cocks being a general nuisance to everybody else

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)