• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Dear Malcolm Turnbull: Take on Krudd or move aside and let someone else do the job (2 Viewers)

Should MT stay on as the opposition leader?

• Yes...just give him some time, he will do us good

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • No...there are obvious conflicting views...peronal vs party line

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Dont care. Both parties are shit and if in power the coalition would have Fd us over

Votes: 13 44.8%

• Total voters

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Re: Dear Malcolm Turnbull: Take on Krudd or move aside and let someone else do the jo

It's riveting I stack boxes onto a pallet. When it gets to a certain height i wrap the pallet with stretch wrap then start a new pallet. Occasionally when the more experienced blokes aren't there I get to drive the forklift.
All good for the nation. I used to work for Coles my first few years of uni.

Lentern

HSC
Re: Dear Malcolm Turnbull: Take on Krudd or move aside and let someone else do the jo

All good for the nation. I used to work for Coles my first few years of uni.
Ahh but try telling that to the hacks who got accounting cadetships. The future base of the liberal party i'm sure.

flaganarchy

HSC
N/A

lentern i do teh saem job... cept i hav 2 open teh shrinkrap sumtiems n put teh stuf on shelvehs

yoddle

is cool
HSC

I tend to agree. The conservative agenda certainly supersedes a liberal rights ideal.

However, is the latter conception of freedom (i.e. focused on rights) and thus liberalism essential for the party to be termed 'liberal'?. I don't believe so. It is such a broad ideal.

Although the party possesses significant conservative elements, the liberal tradition (in the context of primarily economic, negative liberty) still runs through the policy and platform of the party.
Yes certainly it is more economically liberal in contrast the Labor Party and The Greens (although only slimly). However they aren't really economically liberal in a broader sense, and certainly under Howard the government got much bigger, not smaller, despite cutbacks in spending in many areas.

It seemed to me in my left bias that they got the discompassionate "fend for yourself attitude" without it being representated in the size or role of government.

Lentern

HSC

lentern i do teh saem job... cept i hav 2 open teh shrinkrap sumtiems n put teh stuf on shelvehs
High five

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)