• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Death Metal!!! (1 Viewer)

sdcloud69

Banned
HSC
Bloodbath and Cynic are cool, i could never really get into Death.

I still need to give Atheist a few more spins, I liked Elements but that was pretty much it.

Intronaut

HSC
Unquestionable Presence is definitely worth having another listen to.

sdcloud69

Banned
HSC
The new Azarath CD is out (Inferno from Behemoth's DM side project)

It's pretty sick, nice to see Inferno involved in something that doesn't suck for a change.

In b4 Behemoth fanboys.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
The new Azarath CD is out (Inferno from Behemoth's DM side project)

It's pretty sick, nice to see Inferno involved in something that doesn't suck for a change.

In b4 Behemoth fanboys.
downloaded, listening.

so far sounds like their other albums, ie boring. Drumming is good, but music isnt as good as behemoth.

cannot wait till behemoth's next album, should be in a few months, hope someone releases some behemoth cd + poster + tshirt/beanie/something, will definately buy.

sdcloud69

Banned
HSC
downloaded, listening.

so far sounds like their other albums, ie boring. Drumming is good, but music isnt as good as behemoth.

cannot wait till behemoth's next album, should be in a few months, hope someone releases some behemoth cd + poster + tshirt/beanie/something, will definately buy.
wat

all of it is better than Behemoth, besides the bands aren't comparable, blackened death metal =/= brutal death metal.

i'm curious to see whether they can release an album worse than the apostasy, i wouldn't put it past them, they haven't made anything worthwhile since thelema.6

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
nah i really like behemoth.

pretty much all of demigod minus about 2 songs, and the first 5 of the apostasy are my favourite behemoth songs.

not really into brutal dm, all it is is just boring riffing and growling, not much musical as some other death metal bands, eg behemoth, nile, or melo-death bands, which is what i look for in dm bands, its music.

each to their own i guess.

Boxes

Banned
HSC
no but seriously, this music is just RAH RAHRAHRAH!!!! WITH YOUR TONGUE OUT

sdcloud69

Banned
HSC
whatever floats your boat sonny

behemoth's older stuff is good, their newer death metal approach is really weak though.

lol nile is the epitome of boring ass death metal, it's the aural form of a sleeping pill, it's a wonder how they got as popular as they are, george kollias is the only redeeming feature of that band, the man isn't human.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
no but seriously, this music is just RAH RAHRAHRAH!!!! WITH YOUR TONGUE OUT
you just dont appreciate the beauty of it like i do.

im talking about bands like Amon Amarth, that can pull off some of the most brutal vocals ever, yet produce beautiful guitar melodies that make me constantly jizz in my pants and go cold all over.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
whatever floats your boat sonny

behemoth's older stuff is good, their newer death metal approach is really weak though.

lol nile is the epitome of boring ass death metal, it's the aural form of a sleeping pill, it's a wonder how they got as popular as they are, george kollias is the only redeeming feature of that band, the man isn't human.
i got all behemoth albums, only stuff i like are some songs from zos kia cultus, almost all of demigod, first half of apostasy, their new ep, their slaves shall serve ep. really looking forward to their new album, they released 3 utube vids about its production, sounds sweet so far.

yeah nile is pretty weird most of the time, but its the very first death metal i ever listened to, and i loved it, still kinda like it, george kollias is a fucking octopus on too much caffene, hhahahaha.

i wanna learn to play drums like him :eek:

sdcloud69

Banned
HSC
better start practicing brah, it'll take you like 4-5 years to get half as good as he is.

Amon amarth is a pretty good band, very standard formulaic melodic death metal but it's catchy as fuck, their stuff is really simple and fun to play too.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
yeah ive wanted to learn the drums ever since i got into dm in 07.

would love to play behemoth/amon amarth/bloodbath songs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)