Death Metal!!! (1 Viewer)

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
For some reason i havent found a single fellow human being that listens to death metal, i cant be the only one, can i?

Also, i need to expand my death metal collection.
I have : daath (the hinderers), nile, behemoth(satanica, demigod, apostasy), the red chord, amon amarth(fate of norns, with oden on our side), arsis, beyond the sixth seal (resurrection of everything tough), carcass(heartwork), dimmu borgir (in sorte diaboli), in flames (colony), job for a cowboy, necrophagist.
If i only named a band, that means i have all their albums.
So as i said before, i'd like suggestions of good death metal bands that can make their way into my collection, preferably something that sounds like behemoth and has awesomely fast double kicking, but any GOOD death metal bands are fine.

Thanx all, rock on lml *windmills head*

HSC
i listen to a bit of it, depending on my mood

but yeh i dont know any bands other then the ones youve already listed. have you tried myspace?

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
For some reason i dont think i'll like cannibal corpse, i havent even listened to em before! Its their song names and band names i dont like, as if theyre tryin' to be so cool and gory, song names like 'i cum blood', 'fucked with a knife' (or is it raped..) and the band name itself, but then again i always judge books by their covers..

HSC
Definately get more Carcass, specifically "Symphonies of Sickness". Fucking top goregrind.

Here's a few.

Death - the original death metal band (yes, I know that Possessed put out Seven Churches in '85, so fuck off). Get everything you can. If you're actually into buying albums, Utopia has Leprosy, Individual Thought Patterns and Human on sale for like $10 each.
Napalm Death - their stuff with Barney Greenway. I'd still recommend getting Scum and From Enslavement to Obliteration.
Bolt Thrower - Specifically War Master.
Cryptopsy (Even though their new shit will be terrible) - specifically "None So Vile". Phobophile has to be one of the catchiest death metal songs ever.
Atheist - All of their shit
Cynic - jazz-fusion/death metal, a great combination. Only put out "Focus", but it is one of the greatest albums ever produced.
Gorguts - I've only got "Obscura", but it has to be one of the strangest albums I have ever heard. In a good way, though.
Demilich - only put out one album back in '93, "Nespithe". Crazy time signatures, tempos and all that.
Origin. You'd probably like this, if you're looking for some intense shit played at ridiculous speeds.
Suffocation - specifically "Pierced from Within". Side note: I used this album cover as a related text for an English assessment, and got 14/15.)

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Wow! Now THIS is what im after! I'll definately check out all those bands. Torrents FTW! The more bands the merrier i'll be, and probably others too, so thanx all (especially Spirit Crusher) and keep on listing good bands!
Also i guess i like black metal, since i like that dimmu borgir album and behemoth's kinda blackened death...maybe that'll add more to this list.

xJennax

HSC
My friend is really into this kind of music, I'm not a fan of it though...makes me feel uneasy.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
"makes me feel uneasy"
LOL you should listen to chant for eschaton 2000 by behemoth, quite a scary sounding song i reckon!
I like the scary stuff tho..

HoCo8

HSC
more in flames... especially come clarity and a sense of purpose, they is amazingly good.

umm at the gates - slaughter of the soul is classic

black dahlia murder

these are all a bit more 'accessible' in terms of sound then other stuff mentioned... but its just what i like so yeah...

also not really death metal... but i killed the prom queen's music for the recently decent album has some death metal elements, and i personally love that album

also eternal lord is alright

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Oh dude.....no indie-death plz, i mean..job for a cowboy is ok, but only OK, but bands like bring me the horizon and i killed the prom queen, when they get the suffix -core, as in they become deathcore, then its not really true death metal, at least i reckon. Also ive found that the drumming, and growling is much cooler with proper death metal bands, like nile and behemoth's demigod, rather than screechy bringmethehorizon vocals, and i killed the prom queen is probably gonna be similar to em, but i havnt heard prom queen, but i HAVE heard bmthorizon, and i didnt like at all.

HoCo8

HSC
yeah bring me the horizon are terrible.... prom queen is definately not death metal.... but they stepped it up on their last album with ed butcher as vocalist and he has roots in death metal bands (hunt for ida wave) and he brought some good growls and 'pig squeals' and the stuff to 'metalcore' but yeah prob won't like it going on your last post...

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
sorta lost their old style? i thought they completely lost their old style! i only have colony, apart from their latest piece of crap, i know colony's good, i guess their older stuff also is..

makeHSChistory

HSC
what defines death metal.cause i listen to bands that i class as "hardcore" like
I killed the prom queen
Carpathian
Parkway Drive
August Burns red
As i lay dying
and the list goes on.
is that the sorta music u mean?

blakegman

HSC
N/A
Can someone tell me the appeal of death metal music ?

Never really understood it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)