Death Metal!!! (1 Viewer)

lolokay

HSC
I think she is singing a rap song about bitches and hos and slapping them and stuff

Epistemophobia

Serenity Painted Death
HSC
ay, olympus, opeth are awesome. yeh the crown of sympathy, and the songless bird are aiite. but yeh, its all pretty decent in general. heh. nice to know that there are some people who like 'good' music.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
At the Arena ov Aion - Live Apostasy, by Behemoth, is such an awesome live album.

Also, anyone got any albums from Azarath? They're sorta a small band from poland, and they got Inferno, from Behemoth, as their drummer (the main reason why i wanna check it out), but i cant find anywhere to buy or download.
Anyone heard of it?

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
meh...american death metal...
Euro-death is the way to go. Im into Bloodbath atm, the album 'resurrection through carnage' and the song 'weak aside' on their ep 'unblessing the purity' are so awesome.

sdcloud69

Banned
HSC
The Fathomless Mastery is sick, IMO one of the best DM releases of 08.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
I didnt like it that much, there's a couple of ok songs on that album, but i liked resurrection thru carnage, and on the unblessing the purity ep the song 'weak aside' is my favourite bloodbath song.

Best of 08 i reckon is Twilight of the Thunder God. But all the very good stuff is already out, Behemoth's latest ep came out this year, that was good, has an awesome song in it, Qadosh. Im eagerly awaiting their next.

What are some 09 releases everyone's lookin forward to? Im hoping a new behemoth, nile and necrophagist album will come out.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
BeyondDeath said:
Their vocalist is a monster.
I'll have to check em out then.
Whats their best albums? Should i get their discography?

Oh, and whats their music like? No good having good vocalist but crappy music..

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
Omie Jay said:
For some reason i havent found a single fellow human being that listens to death metal, i cant be the only one, can i?

Also, i need to expand my death metal collection.
I have : daath (the hinderers), nile, behemoth(satanica, demigod, apostasy), the red chord, amon amarth(fate of norns, with oden on our side), arsis, beyond the sixth seal (resurrection of everything tough), carcass(heartwork), dimmu borgir (in sorte diaboli), in flames (colony), job for a cowboy, necrophagist.
If i only named a band, that means i have all their albums.
So as i said before, i'd like suggestions of good death metal bands that can make their way into my collection, preferably something that sounds like behemoth and has awesomely fast double kicking, but any GOOD death metal bands are fine.

Thanx all, rock on lml *windmills head*
because it mostly all sounds the same...but i lyk bands such as in flames, amon amarth and unearth (who are classed as "metalcore" because they are a warped tour band but sound death metal)

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
lol, unearth dont sound death metal, they just yell, theres not much throat..

And speaking of monster vocals, Bloodbath's (and Opeth's) Mikael Åkerfeldt make Benighted's vocalist sound like a fairy (according to 2 of Benighted's myspace songs). Mikael's roars at the end of the song 'Weak Aside' on the EP 'Unblessing the Purity' are pretty awesome.
Karl Sanders from Nile is a pretty cool vocalist too, there are some sick ass bits in some nile songs, for example "User-maat-re... thou hath done.. nothing.. " repeated over and over in the ending of the song User-maat-re, that has got to be some of the coolest death metal vocals ive heard. Also in the song 'Chapter of Obeisance Before Giving Breath to the Inert One in the Presence of the Crescent Shaped Horns' (no joke guys, thats the song name), when he says "I am he who sendeth forth terror, into the domain of rain and thunder", those are awesomly done growls.

Peter Tägtgren gives a random growl at the beginning of the chorus in the song 'Feeding the Undead' on the bloodbath album Nighmares Made Flesh, thats a really beautiful growl too.

Last edited:

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
Omie Jay said:
lol, unearth dont sound death metal, they just yell, theres not much throat..

And speaking of monster vocals, Bloodbath's (and Opeth's) Mikael Åkerfeldt make Benighted's vocalist sound like a fairy (according to 2 of Benighted's myspace songs). Mikael's roars at the end of the song 'Weak Aside' on the EP 'Unblessing the Purity' are pretty awesome.
Karl Sanders from Nile is a pretty cool vocalist too, there are some sick ass bits in some nile songs, for example "User-maat-re... thou hath done.. nothing.. " repeated over and over in the ending of the song User-maat-re, that has got to be some of the coolest death metal vocals ive heard. Also in the song 'Chapter of Obeisance Before Giving Breath to the Inert One in the Presence of the Crescent Shaped Horns' (no joke guys, thats the song name), when he says "I am he who sendeth forth terror, into the domain of rain and thunder", those are awesomly done growls.

Peter Tägtgren gives a random growl at the beginning of the chorus in the song 'Feeding the Undead' on the bloodbath album Nighmares Made Flesh, thats a really beautiful growl too.
listen to their technique...death metal is not only about voice lol...thats lyk saying rap music is any artist who rhymes words in a poem-like sentence format

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Crestwood's_G said:
death metal is not only about voice lol
I know, death metal is also about blast beating and really fast double kicking, which unearth does neither. Their double kicking is fine, but death metal can go about 10 times faster (see Zbignew Robert Prominski [stagename Inferno], George Kollias, Tim Yeung, Hellhammer), i wouldnt say unearth is death metal, definately heavy metal, a bit metalcore too, but not death metal. Its not classified as death metal anywhere either, apart from in your brain :)

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
Omie Jay said:
I know, death metal is also about blast beating and really fast double kicking, which unearth does neither. Their double kicking is fine, but death metal can go about 10 times faster (see Zbignew Robert Prominski [stagename Inferno], George Kollias, Tim Yeung, Hellhammer), i wouldnt say unearth is death metal, definately heavy metal, a bit metalcore too, but not death metal. Its not classified as death metal anywhere either, apart from in your brain :)
and thats the whole point to stupid sub genres...just because the kickdrums arent as fast its now not considered haha

sdcloud69

Banned
HSC
Crestwood's_G said:
and thats the whole point to stupid sub genres...just because the kickdrums arent as fast its now not considered haha
o_O

wat

Unearth are METALCORE
They're far too melodic to be classed as Death Metal even if they scrapped the hardcore vocals and started doing gutturals.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
You cant be far too melodic to be death metal, look at Amon Amarth's 2 latest albums.

But yeah, Unearth are definately metalcore.

sdcloud69

Banned
HSC
Exphate said:
GO LOL I HAVE MY TICKET.

THE FACELESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)