Death Penalty in the USA (1 Viewer)

X

xeuyrawp

Waldo said:
Centrelink i would say is kinda different
E.g. student recieves youth allowance so they can study and get a high earning income, student then pays taxes so it pays for another students youth allowance. cycle continues.
I would say that gaol is different.

E.g, someone commits a crime, goes to gaol and reforms in its many manifestations. In any case, Centrelink is hugely abused, and we're all paying for more bludgers on Centrelink than bludgers in gaol; and that's what it's about to some people- money. They think it's better to destroy a human being rather than try to reform them. Whether they can be reformed or not is not an ethical argument whatsoever- we have a duty to them to try.

That was my point.

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
HotShot said:
I AM NOT PAYING FOR THEM TO LIVE ON! CONSUMING USEFUL RESOURCES! WTF!

KILLING IS ON! -GO THE ANIMALS!

IT IS THE EASY WAY OUT --NOT SURE, KILLING SOMEONE CAN BE MADE HARD, MAYBE BY SLICING THEIR HANDS AND GET A DOG TO LICK IT! (SIN CITY) OR MAYBE GET A SAMURAI SWORD AND RAM UP THEIR ASS --ITS NOT EASY COMING UP WITH DIFFERNT WAYS OF KILLING SOMONE. :) :rolleyes: :cool: :argue: :santa: :angry: :bat: :gridnod: :hammer: :spaceshp: :headbang: :rofl: :apig: :axedeath: :drink:
You got my vote.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Which Bible are you reading?

Exodus 21:12
"He who strikes a man so that he dies shall surely be put to death."

Exodus 21:15
"And he who strikes his father or his mother shall surely be put to death."

Exodus 21:17
"He who kidnaps a man and sells him, or if he is found in his hand, shall surely be put to death"

Exodus 21:17
"And he who curses his father or his mother shall surely be put to death."

Exodus 21:29
"But if the ox tended to thrust with its horn in times past, and it has been made known to his owner, and he has not kept it confined, so that it has killed a man or a woman, the ox shall be stoned and its owner also shall be put to death."

Exodus 22:19
"Whoever lies with an animal shall surely be put to death."

Exodus 31:15
"Work shall be done for six days, but the seventh [is] the Sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD. Whoever does [any] work on the Sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death."

Leviticus 20:10
"The man who commits adultery with [another] man's wife, [he] who commits adultery with his neighbor's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress, shall surely be put to death."

Leviticus 20:11
"The man who lies with his father's wife has uncovered his father's nakedness; both of them shall surely be put to death. Their blood [shall be] upon them."

Leviticus 20:15
"If a man mates with an animal, he shall surely be put to death, and you shall kill the animal."

Numbers 35:16-18
"But if he strikes him with an iron implement, so that he dies, he [is] a murderer; the murderer shall surely be put to death. And if he strikes him with a stone in the hand, by which one could die, and he does die, he [is] a murderer; the murderer shall surely be put to death. Or [if] he strikes him with a wooden hand weapon, by which one could die, and he does die, he [is] a murderer; the murderer shall surely be put to death."

It just goes on like this...

rink

HSC
kangaroo said:
Thankyou to the people who condoned killing.
I don't think we as humanity can meddle with God's power. Only he has the decision to decide whether someone lives or not. Who are we to take the life away of someone HE created, after all we are his creations, we were made by him to obey his laws.
I don't believe the death penalty should exist anywhere, because by taking away any life is playing God. It's a shame that it does exist, but luckily it doesn't here in Australia. It's is not up to humans to decide what penalties and sufferings we should impose on someone for committing a great crime. God is just, and when the persons time has come he will decide.
Dude your lost. The three major religions of the world (ie. Christianity, Islam and Judaism) support the death penalty. In these religions, it is God himself who has ordered that ppl be put to death for certain crimes. Therefore, ur argument about ''playing God'' and 'obeying his laws' and 'humans deciding penalties and sufferings' fails.

X

xeuyrawp

kangaroo said:
Thankyou to the people who condoned killing.
I don't think we as humanity can meddle with God's power. Only he has the decision to decide whether someone lives or not. Who are we to take the life away of someone HE created, after all we are his creations, we were made by him to obey his laws.
I don't believe the death penalty should exist anywhere, because by taking away any life is playing God. It's a shame that it does exist, but luckily it doesn't here in Australia. It's is not up to humans to decide what penalties and sufferings we should impose on someone for committing a great crime. God is just, and when the persons time has come he will decide.
Er, 'condone' means 'to support', 'to agree with', etc. I think you mean 'condemn'.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
kangaroo said:
Yes i'm not denying it says this. It doesn't say that whosoever commits these sins shall be put to death by the government/state/humanity etc. It means that God will be the one who punishes them for the sins, as he created all life that exists and only he shall decide it's fate. Thus God will punish them with death if the sins go on unconfessed, rather than being put to death by state law
you mean:
rapists will not be arrested and will be allowed to rape whomever they want.
murderers will be allowed to murder whomever they want.
paedophile will commit sodomy on little boys and girls whenever they want.
priests can do all of the confess their sins and go to heaven.

you really need to watch Sin City. and may God bless your stupidity and ignorance.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Its sad that you cant think for yourself and instead let a book (Bible) do it for you!

As for centrelink, those are for people who are disavandavedted llookin gof r jons etc.

But committing a crime is abusing your rite to live you live to grow, have fun and drin k beer, but not to steal, rape or dance!

so ppl gaol are a waster of resources, but in some places they do a lot of worl a nd are useful.

The beath penalty is awesome. Public Hanging!

X

xeuyrawp

kangaroo said:
You missed my whole point. I only said that God is the one who should decide if somebody dies or not.
But he never decides when someone should die, unless you're saying your god is a slave-driver and has given us no choice.

In any case, isn't there more to you than being a Christian? That's all you talk about here. For example:

I like history, counter-strike, chocolate fudge cheesecake, scary rollercoasters, red underwear, and rock music.

NICK__

HSC
if it makes you feel any better kangaroo, i don't support the death penalty either

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)