december holidays? (1 Viewer)

ronaldinho

Banned
HSC
every1 says to rest in these 2 holidays?

is it the smae case in year 12 december holidays? do we have to work long hours or can we rest?

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
These holidays you are absolutely school work free there should be nothing to be done. Unless you are an accelerated student or someone who feels they need to study to prepare for year 12....why I would never know.

The December holidays you should by then have your major assignments by memory I don't think there was any assignments\assessment I had due immediately on return as most dates were put forward for the end of term 4 so we could relax in the summer holidays. But if you have major works i.e. PIP, I am sure all 06ers would advice you to do some work on it however small do something on it.

I wouldn't be studying\working hours on end in the summer holidays but expect 'maybe' 3-5 hours a week, depending if you have major assignments or assessments to do. But you probably won't do anything anyway as everyone has plans to before but never does.

rayjang

HSC
should we be studying now my parents have been nagging me to prepare for year 12 :mad1: although i have my 2unit maths HSC exam in 3 weeks which doesnt count towards my UAI. It's so hard to find the motivation after completing preliminary exams.

vizman

HSC
rayjang said:
should we be studying now my parents have been nagging me to prepare for year 12 :mad1: although i have my 2unit maths HSC exam in 3 weeks which doesnt count towards my UAI. It's so hard to find the motivation after completing preliminary exams.
nah i think its a pretty good time to enjoy these holidays, because from what im told, it will get much more demanding in term 2

Pubert

HSC
Just been keeping my maths skills up to scratch and watched a movie for english advanced. LottoX is that the evil replicant guy from blade runner in that pic?

kimberlin

HSC
summer holidays - start preparing for trials.

these holidays - get as much sleep / exercise as you can .

(especially at my school the 4unit math people will have it every morning at 7:45)

finishline

HSC
arent any of u ppl scared about going into yr 12 by the sound of it u ppl seem calm, here i am freaking out these holidays about what year 12's going to be like, anyone got any cure for butterflys in the stomach for this reason?

ronaldinho

Banned
HSC
not really.. just enjoy the time whilst u can.. there time for stressing later :D

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Pubert said:
Just been keeping my maths skills up to scratch and watched a movie for english advanced. LottoX is that the evil replicant guy from blade runner in that pic?
Roy Batty, if I am not mistaken.

kimberlin said:
summer holidays - start preparing for trials.

these holidays - get as much sleep / exercise as you can.
Summer holidays preparing for trials? Good luck with sticking to that plan as you would more then likely if anything be preparing for half yearlies since they come before trials (which are usually term 3 mean you use the holidays between term 2 and 3 to study for trials).

finishline said:
arent any of u ppl scared about going into yr 12 by the sound of it u ppl seem calm, here i am freaking out these holidays about what year 12's going to be like, anyone got any cure for butterflys in the stomach for this reason?
I remember the only work I did between preliminary and year 12 beginning was studying for IPT HSC besides that I did no other preparation other then buying new books and stationary for year 12. I don't exactly have a cure for butterflies but I can give you reassurance. The HSC although important in your school career being your final year is not the be all and end all. Many people can succeed with excellent marks if they have a game plan, stick it and keep a balance between study\assessments and social outings the old saying rings truth 'don't live to work, work to live'.

The HSC isn't about studying every waking moment because frankly it won't work and you will more then likely burn out in the process. However from day one organise what you have due this term and how you are going to do it to avoid last minute stress and rushed assessments. Remember it all counts from here on in give it your best shoot, strive to achieve your personal best and have fun. Good luck!

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
What I advice my students to do is enjoy these holidays that are about to end.

Then in the December holidays I advise them to get all their Term 4 notes organised and to keep on top of that topic by reading through those notes every other day or so.

I usually give them a practice essay on that topic to do over the holiday and warn them they will have another one to do under exam conditions in Week 2 (I usually lose half the class to the Year 7 orientation camp in Week 1).

I also try to give them the details of any research assessment tasks that they have to do in Terms 1, 2 and 3 so they can get started if they are so inclined (most rarely do!).

I do advise them to rest and get ready for a hard 10 months ahead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)