decent small car? (1 Viewer)

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
ok im sorry. I realise there are heaps of car threads but this isnt asking what you want/what you drive (unless small and hence relevant to me)...

So what are some good small cars? Im still on my l's but my dad thinks i should start looking around to get a bit of an idea of what i want, price, deals etc so that when it comes to get my p's i can get one. So Any suggestions?

Ive heard barinas and excels arent that great which is a pity cause they are a relatively decent price...

Ziff

HSC
N/A
New car or second-hand car?

LoUiE SmOoiE

valentines day sux
HSC
barinas, suzuki swifts, excels, charades, ford fiesta, even geminis, it just really depends on if u want a new car or 2nd hand car

Belle

You should be dancing
HSC
Barinas are good, I drive my mum's and it is great. Small, doesn't use much fuel and looks nice :)
I think new ones cost around $14 000 at the moment.

tommaey

rarara
HSC
used volkswagen golf.

don't touch any korean cars. Best advice you could ever get :)

Last edited:

lengstar

HSC
Toyota Echo new, very reliable, good re-sale value. very nice styling.

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
definitely 2nd hand... i think im looking at around 5 grand... not sure yet......
hey asq do you mean brand snobbery as in people thinking hyundai's are shit or people with hyundai excels thinking they are better?
I dont give a shit about brans and stuff like that, as long as its a decent car and for some reason dad is saying no to an excel, barina and even maybe a festiva. ford is aussie right? i think its the aussie car factor that gets him with the ford thing... i dont know..

what sort of cars are daewoos? good? shit? cause the daewoo lanos seem alright????

Agnes2810

sUp ?
HSC
get a second hand nissan pulsar (hatchback)

late 80's, early 90's model. they run heaps well and yada yada.. average for that model is about $4-5000

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
I have a Mirage '00.. it goes :) thats all that matters... its wider than most other hatch backs .. excellent with the fuel too..

my friend has a daewoo lanos .. I think its shit - but for the price its probably what you pay for I suppose

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
any reasons for why its shit? not having a go at you just curious?

LoUiE SmOoiE

valentines day sux
HSC
we have a daewoo cielo and its pretty crap....but daewoo lanos is a fairly good car...i think being a onli 1.6L its still equipped to run smoothly and i havnt heard of any problems with one...i would consider it, check it out on the web or go to a dealer...there fairly attractive on the outside...but im not sure on the inside

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
..it doesn't really seem to have enough power and I think its one of those cars that you'll have to keep replacing things in (could be wrong) + i'm just being snobby in saying its shit because I consider all daewoo's to be shit

SipSip

HSC
N/A
If you hit the lotto, then you could end up getting a "peugeot 206 GTi 180." or a clio sports...

but considering your budget...you could still get some decent cars...
Mirage looks good, or a corrolla (although they are ultra common)...
Ford Focus current models are very decent cars...and they're decent to drive too...but the holden barina also looks pretty cute...

Honestly...the mirage is probably less crash worthy out of the cars...because one hit the back of my car at realli low speeds and it scratched a bit of my bumper while it took the whole bumper of the mirage off...so yeah...gotta be careful...

ever thought of financing if you have a job...could get a newer safer car..

SipSip

HSC
N/A
Woah!! what the heck happened to the falcon!! i thought those barriers were suppose to safe lives...not impale the damn driver....

yeah...small cars do have safety problems....

SipSip

HSC
N/A
I think she said her budget was around the 5000 mark...

must admit, the Jazz is kinda cool...although i'll stick to my car...
but to be honest, you're gonna get minor bumps in cars anyway, so just get a car which the bumper doesn't fall off if you hit the kerb or something...bits falling apart is dangerous..

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
yep its around 5000... a few hundred over....

thanks for all your help people... however all that safety talk about some of the small cars has got to me because im not going to afford anything better..
shit happens ay...

MoNNiE

HSC
hmm

besides cost remmeber to consider the amount of petrol the car uses before rushing in to buying the car..
currently oil prices will not be going down for awhile..
i'd go for a nissin pulsar... i have this thing against old model excels

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)