Defining moments of uni (1 Viewer)

pushthebutton

Mine was during the first few weeks of first year during a class discussion. We were split into two groups for a debate and the guy next to me shook his head sadly and said (in a broken tone of voice) "Sorry, I can't - I just can't make capitalist arguments."

Yours?

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
The many biology lectures last year spent eating glucose rich goodies and trying not to laugh at knob head lecturers.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
yeah i had a biology lecturer who talked about his son being an accountant for half an hour, god that got boring real quick

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
the second i decided to skip my first lecture. have never looked back lol though i am suffering the consequences now :(

Generator

HSC
N/A
miss_gtr said:
dont have one.. hopefully will have one next year
Fascinating!

At the moment, it would have to deciding that I would carry on with an Honours year. Apart from that, my time at uni has been relatively bland and rarely suggestive of a radical change of any sort (besides the slight shift in social values, that is).

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Generator said:
Fascinating!

At the moment, it would have to deciding that I would carry on with an Honours year. Apart from that, my time at uni has been relatively bland and rarely suggestive of a radical change of any sort (besides the slight shift in social values, that is).
What field you doing honours in Generator?

Oh and I had a couple:
- When I skipped my first lecture (week 3 or so).
- When I discovered 2 weeks ago that taking notes in lectures actually helps you concentrate.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
When in the last marketing lecture, after giving us the topics for the multiple choice and the exact topics of each of the essay questions in the final exam the lecturer said "if you still fail it's god's will"

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
Most tuesdays spent in the bar during breaks, making comments about the Anthony Callea music videos playing on the screens, thus conversation demising into sexual blah.... definitely some defining moments there

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
Taking care of a friend after she turned up to a lab class drunk and watching her be passed out on the duckpond lawn for two hours or so.

Oh, and the usual 'stop VSU save the trees I am the forest queeeeen!' hippies that infest campus.

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
Thought of a good one..
PE/H/PD course health strand tutorial 9am Wednesday morning

Tutor walks in and says "So does anybody know anyone who has had, or has a drug addiction."

Then comments on the amount of coffee cups sitting on tables... hmmmmm

Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
Realising exactly how different lecturers can be, and how different (read: bland) lectures can be depending on who's taking them, in the class when Murray walked into ECMT1010.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Oh, and another one, bonding with my course mates over cadaver testicles. Great times.

Ohh and all the time last year spent bumming on the grass

HSC
pushthebutton said:
Mine was during the first few weeks of first year during a class discussion. We were split into two groups for a debate and the guy next to me shook his head sadly and said (in a broken tone of voice) "Sorry, I can't - I just can't make capitalist arguments."

Yours?

i made a capitalist argument in welfare....i kicked ass because communists suck ass

mishka

HSC
N/A
skipping my first lecture (about week 6 - dance/drama) i was sooo guilty but the notes were on Web CT and we don't have an exam for it....

i'd say that orientation is one of the first defining moments - you get to meet lots of new people, make new friends, etc. At my uni they do these essay writing skills (if only they'd taught us that in high school, it would've saved a lot of heartache!!)

edit: oooh another thing, getting my first assignment back barely passing, realising that uni wasn't going to be like high school. and when i got marks back from other subjects (they were much better), the feeling of reassurance that i really wasn't dumb :p

also, only a few weeks ago, walking in on the start of a human development tutorial which was in heated discussion about "girls' provocative dress" - it was literally a screaming match!! we even had our lecturer-in-charge involved!! :D (had to be there, i think :p)

Last edited:

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Discovering a conveniently placed building that had a good computer room and excellent toilets.

Also the first time i skipped a lecture.

doe

HSC
N/A
getting my first distinction

realising i hate most of the staff and students in the computing dept

noneother

the Cho is great
HSC
I experience outrageous situations almost daily. Ranging from stupid acts of others to meeting new people who possess interesting personalities.
For example this girl managed to partially parrallel park an extremely small car into an equally small space. There was literally 15cm between the cars at the back and front. As I walked by she was shifting gears to drive fowards then shifting again to go back. She didn't get any where since each time she did it she would move only a few cm's. Funny stuff. I love the randomness of uni.

Last edited:

doe

HSC
N/A
i used to always see this chick having sex with her bf in the car.

they were animals, i saw them on three seperate occasions just when i was walking to my car. they mustve been at it all the time.

noneother

the Cho is great
HSC
lol, should've stuck a note on their windscreen saying "get a room"

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Who could forget the "Power" couple that were photographed by a BOS member in an opposite building having sex (I guess they were taking a break) during the UNSW student guild elections

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)