• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

depressed (1 Viewer)

heba_beba

HSC
aww come on, its not that bad.. u just gotta keep urself motivated, im sure uz can handle the next 4-5months.
think about it in this way.. 6 years of school and this is the most important part then its all over =]]

s2indie

HSC
Haha, I don't think it's that bad. Sometimes. It's just a pain.

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
If you think the HSC sucks, wait till you get into the real world. Tough it out - these are probably the best years of life.

I_F

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
fleepbasding said:
may I just say... the "real world" aint that bad. The HSC was worse.
pffffft

least you had a syllabus to follow, a routine to school, a clear and definite idea of what you were working for. it was much easier than the real world.

unless you like making complex, life-changing decisions every day.

lala2

Banned
HSC
You'll wish you were back with your little HSC kiddy syllabuses when you get to uni. There is no such thing as a syllabus anymore--not even for the sciences. Plus loneliness is a big issue at uni, so be thankful you can be with your friends for the last time.

Uni has turned me cynical. It has hardened me.

bee_sumbody

bludger
HSC
N/A
Komaticom said:
Think of it this way:

The HSC is a small irritating ditch compared to the endless holes that lie beyond high school. Holes revolving around financial, employment, family, friendship problems, and a plethora of other things that don't fall into those categories.

If you're gonna turn that smile upside down for something that's a stressful bastard but otherwise is an insignificant obstacle in your life, best of luck not killing yourself in the big wide world.

This is coming from a UNSW Peer Mentor. Dunno if that's a good thing...

ahaha aww lolz...that kinda made me feel better in a weirdsome wwayy...
even though its the last 4-5months of skool left...its the most important..and seeing as though alot of shit has happened in thIS year (i.e. 6 operations lol) its kinda hard to like get back to the 'study-my-head-off' ways...so yeah..thats why it sux..

biggie walls

HSC
6 operations? have u claimed for extra UAI points? that should destress u abit...

Always

HSC
bee_sumbody said:
ahaha aww lolz...that kinda made me feel better in a weirdsome wwayy...
even though its the last 4-5months of skool left...its the most important..and seeing as though alot of shit has happened in thIS year (i.e. 6 operations lol) its kinda hard to like get back to the 'study-my-head-off' ways...so yeah..thats why it sux..
I know exactly what you mean. With everything else going on sometimes the hsc seems like it's just too much to handle on top of it all. You just have to keep on pushing, keep on fighting, keep going through the routines. There's only 5 months left of this and then all the time in the world to rewind.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I do find it depressing that I've pretty much lost my social life, other than my school mates, I'm pretty much cut. I've also had to make alot of sacrifices, particularly in the free time that I used to take for granted, now I barely get any time to "enjoy" real life.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Agreed I think this is something that all HSC students go through, but you just have to remember that it is less then 5 months to go (151 days) until the HSC and then the reward of freedom and completed 13 years of schooling!

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
cbadvanced said:
13 years for nothing...

HSC sucks

i mean how often are people getting 99.99
they dont. The UAI is awarded in increments of .05 ;)

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
Tulipa said:
pffffft

least you had a syllabus to follow, a routine to school, a clear and definite idea of what you were working for. it was much easier than the real world.

unless you like making complex, life-changing decisions every day.
Yes, but its much more interesting! The stuff of novels, chaps! This is the gritty stuff right? I think most of us are glazing over the HSC if we look back on it as better than now. I mean, you thought the HSC was shit at the time, you now think the real world is shit... in fact I think most of you aknowlege that you atleast feel a good deal more freedom. It seems that maybe you haven't quite got used to handling it or somehting. Sure, I have good memories of the HSC year, sometimes I even get nostalgic about it. But I prefer my life so much more now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)