describe how vertical and horizontal deflections are controlled in a CRO. (1 Viewer)

jooL

HSC
anyone who can help me answer this question please?
Describe how vertical and horizontal deflections are controlled in a CRO.

imoO

HSC
If I recall correctly, in a TV they use magnetic coils, so then CROs would use electric fields to deflect the electrons vertically and horizontally.

In that case, parallel electric plates are used, to both horizontally and vertically deflect the electrons. If you understand the force on a charge (using your right hand palm rule, BUT these are electrons so your thumb points in the opposite direction of where the charge is traveling).

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
The vertical and horizontal deflections are caused when voltage is applied to the vertical and horizontal deflection plates respectively. In the horizontal deflection plate, a sawtooth voltage is applied so the beam scans from left to right. The voltage of the vertical deflection plate is variable however, and depends on the signal being measured. Depending on the strength of the signal, the strength of the vertical deflection varies. When the vertical deflection is used in conjunction with the sweeping horizontal deflection, a wave is produced - fulfilling the function of a CRO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)