Describe your dream job/career? (1 Viewer)

Cykologi_gal

Psyche...
HSC
Lol...not all counsellors are crap, but my school counsellor was, in the sense that he didn't say much back to me. Yet you usually find that you feel better after you talk anyway, if you're willing to, that is.

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
Designing medications. Have enough funding to begin my work in discovering a cure for cancer (small cell).

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Ohh getaway would be awesome. Or some kind of journalist sent to places to interview people. Or trophy wife.

Realistically, though, I want to teach gifted and talented kids. Figuring out what makes them tick and challenging them, keeping them motivated... sounds like fun to me.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
1. if this was a perfect world i'd be an actor and a playwright and maybe direct some films and plays on the side. now that would be one hell of an orgasmic career.

2. but i also really wanted to be a teacher, and since it's obviously the more stable option... i've ended up doing a BEd/BA so i can teach drama and english. not that i havent considered dropping it to go with no. 1, but to be honest the idea of never really having any kind of job security/stability unless you're REALLY successful kinda scared me away at least initially. so yeah. but i'm loving my degree so all is good ;)

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
my dream is to study acting at the Central School of Speech and Drama (London), then start a career off in theatre (acting), with a little bit of cabaret/jazz club singing on the side. then eventually (i.e. when i am too old for the stage) i would like to direct music videos.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
Ideally I'd like to be some sort of economist, artist and philosopher at the same time.

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
Re: Whats your dream job?

Paramedic for the New South Wales Ambulance Service. Unfortunately though, I wouldn't pass the medical examination they conduct mainly due to my eyesight not being as good as yours.

Would consider the E.R..
Travel to Africa and see first hand the diseases which I have a keen interest in (personal interests). I'm not interested in playing god... not considering medicine to play god, but rather to satisfy personal interests.

emiliieee

Batman.
HSC
- a pyshcologist/counsellor coz the skool one sucked! big time

- an esl teacher for primary skool kids

- get paid to sleep in all day :D

lala2

Banned
HSC
I'd love to be a professional student--just study everything I could ever dream of (with no HECS or financial repercussions of being a student and not in full-time work whatsoever). Also if I could become a writer, a music teacher/composer/conductor/critic, or whatever, I would. Unfortunately the pragmatics of life take over and hence I'm now stuck in this degree. I'd also like something that would allow me to travel. So I dunno. This is such like an elevated level of "what do you want to be when you grow up?"

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I like how a lot of the responses are "conductor/musician" etc are followed by "but let's be realistic here"

And then I look at my degree and go "oh whoops".

lizziegirl

HSC
N/A
anywhere i can work with animals. preferably a zoo like steve irwins would be cool... one of those education officers who teach ppl about exotic animals :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)