Desirable number of units for the HSC (1 Viewer)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
What is the most "desirable" number of units? And why?

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
Re: Number of units

i would have to say 12.
because it gives you a sense of security of you dont to well in a test.

partelephant

Monkey on a Rock
HSC

Definitely 12 - gives you some insurance because there will always be surprises in the HSC exams. Personally, in the real HSC I did a lot better than I expected in one exam and worse in another subject in which I topped my class in school assessments (and didn't count it).

misbahf

You eat bugs.
HSC

I'd also say 12 (or 11 if the extra unit is an extension) but no more.

I don;t think there is any thing wrong with doing 10 units though. It's kind of a motivation to do well in everything.

But it depends on circumstance...a girls in my chem class is failing every assessment and is always stressing about the subject and when i suggested that she drop her reply was that "i can't do 10 units" because it isn't 'safe'.

I mean whats the point of those extra units if your not doing well in them.

leoyh

mic`
HSC
i think 12 is good because its safer and gives you more prospect to do well in the sense that a lot of people who do well are those that do 12 units. but with that being said, a lot of people still do well with 10 or 11 units

i would personally say 12, but theres no point doing 12 to be safe if u suck at lets say 2 units of them. may as well just do 10

SpinCobra

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm doing 10. But i technically have 12. Completed 2 in year 10, but the mark wasnt that great, so I'm not gonna be relying on that to get my UAI. xD

So, yeah. 12 is probably best, but only if you do good in everything. Having the mentality of, "Oh i can afford to not spend so much time on chemistry cause its just 2 backup units", you might as well drop it and do 10 and concentrate everything on those 10 units.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)