deteriorating books (1 Viewer)

ForbiddenND

HSC
Anyone else notice that your book starts off really neat (well mine does) and it slowly deteriorates until its looks like dogs breakfast...

HSC
Yep, probably because they get bumped around in your bag. Also I graffiti all over mine so they look even better. Lucky they stopped checking bookwork in senior years.

x jiim

zimbardooo.
HSC
Uni Grad
All the time. Eventually I just leave them all to rot in my locker and use one neat-ish notebook for everything ==

suzlee

HSC
This is my yearly routine:
1. Buy exercise books in the summer holidays. They look so fresh and clean
2. In the first couple of weeks in term 1, I admire them and take a long time to write neatly in them
3. I start to care less and less
4. By the end of term 2, you can see the transition from super-neat to bombshell writing

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Yeah, at the beginning of the year, you have this notion of a 'fresh start'. Then suddenly, a few weeks in, it's not so fresh anymore.

omniscience

HSC
N/A
I use my textbook as a pillow so no wonder why it gets all unpleasant to look at.

aimhigh10

HSC
hahha yeahhhh or it may end up squashed at the bottom of my schoolbag
oops :p

speedofsound

HSC
The quality of my book is usually an indication of how much I care/don't care about the subject.

I mean, if you looked at my Maths book...

Last edited:

alexvision

HSC
Mine just look like crap all the time, even the ones that live in my locker ( i.e. subjects that I do on my laptop) I have to write quick or I miss what I needed to write down, But then I never could write well and quickly at the same time, so I gave up a long time ago :)

Naminé

HSC
I guess you become tired and busier and stop caring?

Mine started off messy though, and as my stuff always looks like Ike hit it, I'm not fussed x) I end up typing my work and pasting it into my book eventually. Weirdly my teachers put up with the absolute shit I do like that.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
ForbiddenND said:
Anyone else notice that your book starts off really neat (well mine does) and it slowly deteriorates until its looks like dogs breakfast...
It's the story of my life actually xD

victoria10

HSC
i think everyone does that
i stoped mayself from drawing on my books but still the covers a falling off and stuff. lol

HSC
The cover always falls off and then it goes all feral, but in english + history, writing fast = no chance of neatness

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
for me it is like...
every year since year seven
i had books at the start of the year
and by the end of the year?
no book..
just one "big book" in which all my notes go and never come out..
:S
ANYWAY the point is i'm finished school so what does it matter anymore.

bawd

HSC
I have suffered from this cycle of exercise bookdom as well. :) The only book in perfect condition for me is my Economics book. (but I cheated because I bought a sexy new hard cover exercise book and copied it all out beginning of Term 3 as a prelude to revision for the Preliminary exams.)

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
my maths and english books are the worse. English you really cant tell what subject it is and there are sheets falling out, not to mention all the stuff is written in multicolour.
Maths there are lovely little graphic drawings everywhere that have nothing to do with the content and there is no cover :)

SimonLee13

HSC
I plan to contact my exercise books in hopes of keeping them alive. Year 12 of course, wouldn't do it any other year.

pwoh

O_O
HSC
Uni Grad
Haha, that was me too. But I don't bother anymore...loose leaf everything into a folder - too lazy to trim the 320493 sheets we get and glue them in. Folder's cover is peeling off...
I have, however, migrated my random doodles onto scrap pieces of paper :)

til2010

Admittedly Amateur
HSC
Borderline OCD is making me use a folder and loose leaf papers over exercise books next year for that exact reason :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)