diary entries (1 Viewer)

hobbit

HSC
can someone plz tell me how to like set out and write the diary entries, like is it all in 1st person?? Is it like "Today I interviewed a priest and he said........"
What do u need to include to get the marks?

= Jennifer =

HSC
well, when i wrote my diary i did it in first person but i dont know the marking criteria to get the full marks i just dated the diary and stuck to the word limit it is not clear what they want

hobbit

HSC
my school wasn't really clear with what they wanted either, what was ur word limit?

kalli

HSC
i got full marks for my diary... ibasically stuck to the word limit (it was important at my school) and glued EVERY little thing into my diary... it didnt matter if it was neat as long as EVERYTHING was there... even if the focus q changed and it was then irrelavent i still stuck it in...

oh and i wrote in first person....

good luck!

hobbit

HSC
Is the word limit 600-800 words for a single diary entry or the whole diary? cos that's a shit load for just ONE entry! Sorry, I'm asking all this stuff but my school wuz so bloody brief bout the whole thing. They told us nuthin, but the way, wut type of stuff did you guyz include in ur diary entries?

Last edited:

= Jennifer =

HSC
the 600-800 words was for the whole diary but every school has different word limits

and yes i did include my diary entries in the ISP

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by juventino
Does the word limit 1000-1200 apply to all schools?
Looks up from the pile of ISP's sitting in front of him.......

Hate to correct you but yes, the word limits do apply to all schools as its in the syllabus + its an across the state common assessment therefore there has to some sort of standard!!

As to the structure, thats really up to each school. If I were you, I would talk to your teachers ASAP as they are the ones marking it!
(plus you should have a copy of the marking criteria which shows you exactly what is being marked)

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
Our school must have been different cause filled a 96 pg exersise book with information and diary entries about what i did and then reflective stuff abotu how much i was hating the topic and then how glad i was at the end - it was well over 2000 words i think......

mmm not sure

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
The diary is really irrelevant as most schools I know of either are really strict (which I hate) or actually use the diary as a learning tool ie no strict limit (which I love) I have just finished marking a diary which was two of those black visual art diaries that are used in 2 unit VA (process diary??)
As I said, its really up to the school (ie what they do as no-one is really going to checkup on them) but the guidelines are there!
BTW- Dubbo- is that St. Johns?? If so, thats my old school!

Last edited:

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by MissSavage29
Yep St Johns College

Did you go there or where you a teacher???
As a student at the old Fitroy St. (??) campus (near the park with the fountain that everyone swims in- I think its a TAFE now??) and as a casual teacher!
Is Alan Martin still the boss there??

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
Ohk, no Mr Martin left in 1999 i think... but he passed away 2 years ago - Mr Frew is in charge now.

how long ago did u teach there - did u see the shereton road school?

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by MissSavage29
Ohk, no Mr Martin left in 1999 i think... but he passed away 2 years ago - Mr Frew is in charge now.

how long ago did u teach there - did u see the shereton road school?
Wow....... he was my maths teacher at St. Marys in Wello..... man, I really liked him. He's one of the ppl who inspired me to go in to the job.......

I only taught there on and off terms 3 and 4 in 1994 (?) at the Shereton Rd site- did go there as a studenta couple of times for 3 unit ancient history after school (my AH teacher was also the careers guy so his office was actually out at Shereton Rd which was weird as the seniors were in town!)
I think Frewy was there when I was a student! (could be a different guy)
Do you live on your computer?? (Im still marking ISP's so I have my laptop on next to me so i can check URL's etc) LOL

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
am marking four sections
non religion
media
the eastern religions (shinto etc)
ecology

All doing OK I guess- main criticism is that some are pure description ie they havent really answered their own questions (no higher order analysis/thinking)
+
had a couple of "plagiarisms"- one person snaffled one of the summaries from here and handed it in- problem was it was from one of my classes about three years and posted here with permission!! LOL
But overall, good variety of questions and all are doing well (av 19/20 out of 25)

Last edited:

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by SpoRTsGaL
ah k... i did religion and architecture...

did the person who plagiarised get an automatic zero?

n are u marking for any westmead schools by any chance?!?!?
Yes and No- just my school

hobbit

HSC
K, the diary entries are worth like BIG marks at my school, wut type of stuff do I need to include to get the marks?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)