Did anyone do Witness? (1 Viewer)

sharp_pencil

HSC
WOOOORRST fucking question. My teacher didn't teach shit about characters and guess what a question on characters. I got raped in broad daylight by a paper how fucking shameful.

dv3

HSC
WOOOORRST fucking question. My teacher didn't teach shit about characters and guess what a question on characters. I got raped in broad daylight by a paper how fucking shameful.
Same I did witness as well. We learnt nothing about characters, really angry about that. What did you write in your response? My main character i chose to analyse was Book and how he made decisions which greatly impacted on the almish life, rachels life, that samuel kid etc mainly by bringing violence to their non-peaceful culture.......I also added random stuff cause i couldnt think of anything like he chose to wear amish clothes and becauses if his choices he was able to blend with the amish. yeah it was kind of messed up. My current rank for english is 12/187 - looks like my rank will go down so much because of this question + S3..... I also found section 3 on the global village a bit hard as well. Had no time so i only managed to write roughly 8 paragraphs (4-5 sentences in each) roughly 6 pages. My writing size was massive >> like 8 words per line...

Dr. Zoidberg

HSC
I was pretty prepared for this. In HSC 2001, they asked a fairly similar question - Identify ONE interesting character represented in Witness. How has Weir used film techniques to shape your response to the character.

melissaj38

HSC
I did witnes and we did character studies in class. I didnt expect this kind of question though. It was alright though pretty straight foward. I reckon book was most popular to do.

azn_satans

HSC
IM QUITE PISSED RIGHT NOW! we didnt do character studies in class, all we learnt about in witness in school was about the idea like clash of cultures and stuff.. im pretty pissed!

Juzzeth

HSC
Our class went pretty indepth with everything to do with Witness especially characters. I think you'd be right if you just wrote about how Book brought violence to the Amish, mentioning the symbolism of his gun in the scene 'Samuel finds a gun' and mentioning the quote "what you take into your hands, you take into your heart" blah blah blah. Also book's decision not to sleep with Rachael "if we'd have fucked last night i would have to stay or you would have to go" blah blah, god damn, i thought english was over.

tegan-leanne

HSC
IM QUITE PISSED RIGHT NOW! we didnt do character studies in class, all we learnt about in witness in school was about the idea like clash of cultures and stuff.. im pretty pissed!
i think most people did the techniques etc. our school did that. I'm assuming they will have to mark it fairly easily since the question was different to what most people did.i just tried to talk about techniques whever i could since thats what we were told to talk about.i will be happy with 13/20. it was so bad!

daniel92

HSC
I can say I was well prepared for this. Even though we didn't spend much time in class on characters, Our teachers said to us, they can ask us anything, including one specific character, so I made sure I focused on some of the main characters while studying. Done this for all Modules, because you never know what may happen.

sharp_pencil

HSC
my essay was incoherent... it was jabberd shit.. like i just randomly wrote shit ie In the tourist scene where Hopleightner is getting ice cream smeared in his face he decides no to reach. Book which witnesses :)D) this incident intervenes Eli tells Book "its not our way" however Book does not agree with the Amish way of life and responds with "but its my way". Thus in this scene it is evident that Book represents a figure of authority and justice and his actions greatly affect the way the Amish community bla bla bla then i talked about how he threatens the fat bitch "lady if u take my picture i'll rip your brassier off and strangle you with it" the low toned threatening voice book uses and the threat of violence shows that he is bla bla bl a la uses violence to maintain order bla bla bla . u get the point i fucked up :(

Norcinu

Charliezard
HSC
I didn't suspect the question either, we focused on the clash of cultures more than characterization D: The start of my essay was pointless but hopefully the second half was more adapted to it.

smart.cookie

HSC
witness was the only one i thought i did good in . just blabbed on how john books decision to investigate the crime lead to how the amish community felt about him .

waza_

HSC
Yeah this question did set me back a bit, I think what the question was asking was about film techniques and shit eg camera angles, lighting etc. I talked about the scenes where Book had to make decisions and how it was portrayed through different film techniques

BECBEC1992

HSC
Same I did witness as well. We learnt nothing about characters, really angry about that. What did you write in your response? My main character i chose to analyse was Book and how he made decisions which greatly impacted on the almish life, rachels life, that samuel kid etc mainly by bringing violence to their non-peaceful culture.......I also added random stuff cause i couldnt think of anything like he chose to wear amish clothes and becauses if his choices he was able to blend with the amish. yeah it was kind of messed up. My current rank for english is 12/187 - looks like my rank will go down so much because of this question + S3..... I also found section 3 on the global village a bit hard as well. Had no time so i only managed to write roughly 8 paragraphs (4-5 sentences in each) roughly 6 pages. My writing size was massive >> like 8 words per line...

This sounds like a pretty good response. We learnt alot about the characters, as well as techniques so I was able to use the techniques that he used to show how Weir used Samuels decisions as a means of shaping the film.. No need to stress, you cant change it now
:jump:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)