did everyone just bs in that!!?? (1 Viewer)

suchet_i

derka derka
HSC
lol ok 8 marker in core, cmon how much can u rite about that = bullshitting the whole page
7 marker in genetics - is this an english essay, cmon they pretty much asked u to write about the whole option
and they asked a question on antibiotic resistance .. AGAIN lol
i think they just getting dam lazy with bio
and i couldnt belive how short that exam was.. after i finnised i kept adding up the questions to make sure the thing was outa 100, thought i was missing pages.
just dissapointed i guess it will all go down on how tough their marking guidelines are.. well bio over for ever .. woohoo!!!

superbri

HSC
Did I bullshit in that exam?

Bahahaha - YES!

Question: was the question on 'one gene - one protein' about protein synthesis at all? I somehow missed that whole bit in my notes...

bathtubsoap

HSC
That eight marker was the biggest bs!! I don't expect more than 4 marks for that one.:bomb:

suchet_i

derka derka
HSC
superbri said:
Question: was the question on 'one gene - one protein' about protein synthesis at all? I somehow missed that whole bit in my notes...
yeh u had to talk about how the genes code for protien development, but then u had to say that the theory is actually one gene - one polypeptide because not all genes code for proteins such as the genes for haemoglobin code for its 4 polypeptides.

superbri

HSC
suchet_i said:
yeh u had to talk about how the genes code for protien development, but then u had to say that the theory is actually one gene - one polypeptide because not all genes code for proteins such as the genes for haemoglobin code for its 4 polypeptides.
Excellent, well I got the first half of the question right! Maybe not the polypeptide one so much... Pfft, oh well! :)

tuffboy_23

HSC
N/A
naah that 8 marker talked about identifying the pathogen.... you should of thought "kosh's postulates"....

you should of then compared their experiments to the procedure kosh explained and assess the significance of the overall experiment..... i think

also... i know they (Beadle And Tatum) changed the rule to "one gene one polypeptide" cos many protiens are made of many polypeptides, but what evidence did you provide for the "one gne one protein rule".... i couldnt think of anything to bs about that one...

Last edited:

Tim035

HSC
tuffboy_23 said:
naah that 8 marker talked about identifying the pathogen.... you should of thought "kosh's postulates"....

you should of then compared their experiments to the procedure kosh explained and assess the significance of the overall experiment..... i think

also... i know they (Beadle And Tatum) changed the rule to "one gene one polypeptide" cos many protiens are made of many polypeptides, but what evidence did you provide for the "one gne one protein rule".... i couldnt think of anything to bs about that one...
I'm actually suprised so many people remembered Koch's Postulates. It did make for a good point to argue in the 2nd half of the question, as you could say even though Marshal displayed the symptons, the bacertia should still have been isolated and showed to be the same as the he swallowed. And then the procedure repeated on a larger scale to increase reliability. Lol I think most of my answer just invovled seeing how many times I could say reliability, accuracy and validity in the one page.

Beadle and Tatum I wote something preety similar to: Genes are segements of DNA on chromosomes responsible for the coding of a specific polypeptide chain. Although enzymes are made of proteins, usually several genes are required in order to form the enzymes involved in biochemical processes.

ali777

HSC
haha waffling/BSing is the best life skill...in the Genetics option, I hadnt done any research about gene expression so i just went to town naming as many online journals/scientific journals/online resources/textbooks as i could, then gave them a rough idea of gene expression...i think it might be convincing enough!! if not...oh well.

pirate!

HSC
Yeah...that Beadle and Tatum question I couldn't remember at all. Anyone else do The Human Story? 6 mark question (altogether) on mitochondrial DNA. Mitochondrial DNA! We covered it for, like, 20 minutes in class. 6 marks. fuckers.

...and to those who did do the human story - which model did you do? Out of Africa or Regional Continuity?

Damn this bio test, it had pretty much nothing i knew well or studied in it. unlucky.

Sgs2006

HSC
N/A
tuffboy_23 said:

|

Yep, thats right

8 marker you must of talked about kochs 4 postulates otherwise you wouldnt get more that 4/8

Keskimo

HSC
Sgs2006 said:
|

Yep, thats right

8 marker you must of talked about kochs 4 postulates otherwise you wouldnt get more that 4/8
dammit, in our funky revised syllabus teacher had written 'koch's postulates can be ommitted', i still studied them - knew them - but i didn't think they would be tested..dammit now it all makes sense!

luckily there was a mitochondrial dna question in our trial. did you just have to say its inherited down a maternal line (therefore no random segregation crap) and mutates at predicatable rates. and all the journals etc lol. and i did the 'out of africa theory' because i like it. and i got to talk about mitochondrial eve AGAIN lol.
i really should apply for misadventure *dies*

tadros

HSC
genetics wtf was that milk question and i didnt know the one on research.
The gene expression i just talked briefly about mitosis, cell differentiation, protein synthesis is that right? Talk about writing about the whole topic
also is religious ethical issues about interferring with lifes natural course good enough for transposable genes coz i didnt no that one
i thought that exam was harder than heaps of past papers especially genetics

mel4dan

sunlightstarz said:
I thought the Beadle and Tatum evidence question wanted you to talk about what THEY did. So I went on about how they blasted bread mould with UV radiation and yadda yadda mutations. Is that wrong?!
Yeah I did the same. Then I talked about why it needed to be changed...WHO KNOWS!

Sgs2006

HSC
N/A
sunlightstarz said:
I thought the Beadle and Tatum evidence question wanted you to talk about what THEY did. So I went on about how they blasted bread mould with UV radiation and yadda yadda mutations. Is that wrong?!
Thats right

Jaymee

HSC
How general was the genetics question about incresing our understanding of genes yadda-yadda-yadda? I pretty much just summarised the whole topic.
Overall i didnt find the exam particularly difficult. But one thing that bugs me is that you spend so much time and effort learning the entire syllabus and you barely get tested on half of it, it's just a stroke of luck whether they ask you about things you know really well or something you skimmed over.
Ah well, after chem its all over for me and i dont need to care anymore. I'm just looking forward to when my sister does her hsc and I can laugh at her cos i'v been there, done that and dont ever have to go there again. Mwahaha.

DraconisV

Christopher Fife
HSC
do you have to actually write kochs postulate. Coz i talked about all 4 of them but didnt make reference to kosh at all. AWWWW, im scared, is that bad.

areyouserz

HSC
N/A
damnn i knew kches postules but i didnt use it. im so screwed damn u howard.... Im so angry cause i know koches postulates and it didnt cross my mind. And our school used the INDEPENDANT PAPER TRIALS and there were excatly the same questions for the ethcla issues and transmutaton YAY. COMMunication topic was a bastard. laters NOT MORE SCHOOL YAY.

p.s lucky i got throught biology cause my teacher, u cu ldnt understand i swear.. very bad accent

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)