did i pick bad subjects? (1 Viewer)

saz2010

HSC
is anyone studying medicine atm who didn't do chemisty, or physics and did standard courses for english and maths but did really well at them? and in doing standard subjects did scaling birng you down?

Yamapi

HSC
Medicine ain't about what courses you did it's all about your umat and your interview technique. If you're wondering about UAI results well one of my friend's did advanced english, general maths, economics, legal studies and modern history got band 6 in everything (adv english he got 89) and got a 96 uai for his efforts. But if you're serious about med i recomend you start UMAT training asap since your hsc is in 2009 do it this year to get a feel of what it is like and each successive year as umat amounts to a whopping 1/3 of how they evalutate you in medicine. ( i really wish i had done this)

partelephant

Monkey on a Rock
HSC
Lots of people didn't do physics (and the concepts covered in HSC Physics are rubbish and will not help you in any way with the Medicine course). I would say however that there are only a minority that didn't do chemistry - for example, it is a prerequisite for Monash. Having said that, I know a number of people in my course who did NO sciences whatsoever. Not sure about English or Maths but I would guess that a fair amount of people have done standard english.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
partelephant said:
Lots of people didn't do physics (and the concepts covered in HSC Physics are rubbish and will not help you in any way with the Medicine course). I would say however that there are only a minority that didn't do chemistry - for example, it is a prerequisite for Monash. Having said that, I know a number of people in my course who did NO sciences whatsoever. Not sure about English or Maths but I would guess that a fair amount of people have done standard english.
but of course we studied MRI, EMRs ,etc in physics.
XD

partelephant

Monkey on a Rock
HSC
shinji said:
but of course we studied MRI, EMRs ,etc in physics.
XD
We did...?
Was that in core or in an option?
I remember hearing perhaps one or two sentences MAX about MRI in phys.

Nevertheless, I stand by my view that HSC Physics was worthless for everything except pulling up my UAI =P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)