Did you use 1 or 2 related texts for Mdoule C? (1 Viewer)

lollipopxo

HSC
Geohood said:
This is my exact teachers comment when I wrote 1 in the trials for the question 'at LEAST one':

'If they ask for at least one you MUST have two related texts!'
well your teacher is stupid my teacher who has been a marker for many many years said to do just the minimum they ask for because there is no penalty for doing only the minimum, just making sure its full of techniques which if you only did one would actually give you a greater length of time to analyse the text well then if u did two texts in the same ammount of time.

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
I did 2 cause i had the time and it was my strongest agurment plus together they work out nicely
A sequences from the movie chicargo
A we can be heros
All worked around versimiltude for frontline

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
lollipopxo said:
well your teacher is stupid my teacher who has been a marker for many many years said to do just the minimum they ask for because there is no penalty for doing only the minimum, just making sure its full of techniques which if you only did one would actually give you a greater length of time to analyse the text well then if u did two texts in the same ammount of time.
My teacher said you cant be disadvantages but if you write about two correctly its only goign to benefit you

Last edited:

lollypoplady

HSC
Yeh I did one- I wrote in my introduction that i was going to do two
(because i was planning on it at that stage...) but didn't get time!! I just wrote a conclusion and forgot to cross it out in my intro!! Will I loose marks? PLEASE SAY NO!

Caitlin63

:-)
HSC
Did two related texts because I thought they helped to answer the compare part of the question for different sections of frontline.

knots&crosses

HSC
dance2urownbeat said:
i did just one.
it was easy enough to cut my second text.
same here, I had two, but thought i should use the novel instead of the film as i knew more about it and it was a different medium to Frontline.

I was a bit dissapointed at first because i had two texts prepared but it was good cos i saved so much time!!!

Geohood

HSC
lollipopxo said:
Well you're right about that part lol

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
I had two, and wrote two in the intro, but ran out of time so I just gave it up and crossed it out.

HSC
i had two prepared, but i saw that in 07 they started asking for one, so i just hoped theyd do that again and they did! yay! coz one of mine was a bit of a stretch ha. damn ted spews. that way i could go into way more depth on birthday letters and related. i used the importance of being earnest (film). i think this was my best essay, the question fit my prepared essay perfectly. yay.

luthienanwamane

HSC
Ah, I did 2, but I didn't read the question. But my answer kind of needed both texts, so whatever, I probably would have done both anyway. Screw what they want!

DavidTan

HSC
i did 1 (bowling for columbine!)

anybody else do bfc? hopefully i discussed it in-depth and i linked it to frontline twice if i can remember...

Clever Chick

2008- Year 12
HSC
had 2 memorized but only did 1

made the examiner actually confirm to me that it said ONE orn cause i was so excited bout it and didnt want to read the question wrong!!!

minijumbuk

┗(^o^ )┓三
HSC
I used 2. Our school assessments made us use 2, so I came in only prepared for writing those 4 paragraphs.

jasonml

jay son em el
HSC
Only used one. I did the whole thing with only 20 minutes to go. paper 2 always fucks me.

on the bright side i filled 2 booklets for both section I and II. :D

nrs1990

HSC
I did two. Didn't really have enough detail on either to do just one, but doing both worked, since it let me compare and contrast them. Plus, one of mine is Gladiator, which is probably the most common additional for Antony and Cleopatra, so I used a second additional (which was less literary in nature) to be a little different from my classmates.

Hatta

HSC
DaBogansmasher said:
I am THE KING OF HISTORY AND MEMORY- far superior to any of you filthman. Your arguments cannot even compete with mine.
I challenge you to a history and memory battle *gloveslap*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)