Different rankings but by like .5 of difference what happen if? (1 Viewer)

adnan91

HSC
Say in any subject. Im coming third out of like eleven. But the difference between me and number two is .5 and me and number 1 is like 2 marks. IF in the hsc exam i get a mark of say 92 and the number one guy gets 88 does that mean i will end up with a aligned hsc mark

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
adnan91 said:
Say in any subject. Im coming third out of like eleven. But the difference between me and number two is .5 and me and number 1 is like 2 marks. IF in the hsc exam i get a mark of say 92 and the number one guy gets 88 does that mean i will end up with a aligned hsc mark

Everyone gets an aligned HSC mark (all the exam marks are aligned and not raw).

You will get three marks -

a) a moderated assessment mark based on your rank and the gap between you and those above you. On your example probably about 89/90 due to the 2 mark gap between you and the first ranked student.

b) your aligned exam mark. In your example 92.

c) the HSC mark which is the average of a and b. In this example 91.

is2buddaflies

madness the magnet
HSC
can other people find out what your rank is? (unless yu tell them) and do ppl usually tell others what there rank is?

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
is2buddaflies said:
can other people find out what your rank is? (unless yu tell them) and do ppl usually tell others what there rank is?
it depends, at some schools, they post the rankings up on the walls, and most people will tell you their rank, well thats if they dont have you, or unless they did really bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)