• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Difficulty (1 Viewer)

Grech

HSC
I know it is hard to generalise if a subject is easy or hard, because for some it may be easy, while for others hard, but I would just like to know from someone who has done these courses or knows about them to just tell me what to expect in terms of difficulty, and which one is the hardest, thanks.

[FONT=&quot]Fundamentals of Biochemistry - BIOC2181
Microbiology 1 - MICR2011
Physiology 1A - PHPH2101
Introductory Anatomy – ANAT2111[/FONT]

Tim035

HSC
I did all of these except biochem which I did the advance course, here's my opinon:

Biochemistry- Hard and borring, endless amounts of enzymes and metabolic cycles to memorize.
Intro anatomy- Interesting but very tedious, will require a pain staking amount of memorization
Microbiology- Interesting and fairly easy, keep up to date with your summaries and assingments and a D or HD should be achievable.
Physiology- Interesting and medium difficulty, once again just stay up to date with what's going on in lectures and DO THE PAST PAPERS! they literally have a question bank of about 12 different questions for the extended responses and they randomly pick and slightly reword 3 of them each year.

What do you plan on doing for your major:?

Lydia_88

HSC
I know it is hard to generalise if a subject is easy or hard, because for some it may be easy, while for others hard, but I would just like to know from someone who has done these courses or knows about them to just tell me what to expect in terms of difficulty, and which one is the hardest, thanks.

[FONT=&quot]Fundamentals of Biochemistry - BIOC2181
Microbiology 1 - MICR2011
Physiology 1A - PHPH2101
Introductory Anatomy – ANAT2111[/FONT]
Its been a while since this post was brought up...so i am going to provide my opinions..

Biochemistry (did the advanced option, but wasn't worth it for me)- as the previous poster said HARD and BORING!!!

Physiology - There's a med-high failure rate for this subject, but i am never going to take this subject ever again. I know people who didn't pass the course...

Can't comment on Microbiology and Anatomy (I dislike upper year labs with a passion or overall avoid lab work from 2nd year onwards...i'm doing safety science now, which i am happier)... but that's my opinion.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)