Digital Fortress by Dan Brown (1 Viewer)

nerdsforever

hsc zomg
HSC
I realised nobody placed a thread about Digital Fortress by Dan Brown. awww well

Personally, I think that its better than Deception Point but nowhere near as Angels and DEmons and the Dav vinci Code. The book was a bit preditable though but not as predictable as Deception Point.

Share your thoughts..or is this a very unpopular book?

u-borat

Banned
HSC
As good as the rest of Dan Brown's stuff. In other words, spectacularly crap.

bawd

HSC
u-borat said:
As good as the rest of Dan Brown's stuff. In other words, spectacularly crap.
Ditto. I've only read The Da Vinci Code and paged through a few of his other works (which all exhibit a similar aura of bad literature), and although I'll admit his knowledge of certain monuments and places is quite impressive, his writing style lacks textual integrity and there is too less SDT.

Dan Brown's The Da Vinci Code gives off a similar feeling as to Edward Bulwer Lytton's famous phrase "It was a dark and stormy night".

In other words: unengaging and monotonous (Brown's use of cliffhangers is plain annoying, unlike when Dickens uses it.) :)

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
I'm going back a while but I think it was:

Deception point - pretty crap

Digital Fortress - predictable but slightly interesting because of the technical side of it.

Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons were the same book imo. Except Angels and Demons made more sense in the end.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
I saw The Da Vinci Code for $2 in an op-shop today. lol.

Muz4PM

HSC
jb_nc said:
I saw The Da Vinci Code for $2 in an op-shop today. lol.
Lol.

I actually think Angels and Demons > The Da Vinci Code.
I haven't read any of Brown's other stuff.

Hatta

HSC
Digital Fortress was the first one of Dan Browns skidmarks that I read. And I guess it's the reason I read Angels and Demons and the Da Vinci Code. Though I kept reading them just to see if I had guessed right and to see if they got any better. Also, I'd just moved, had no books and was working in a job when there were long quiet stretches.
/rationalising reading bollocks.

Digital Fortress was better than the A&D and Da Vinci Code (the parody of which, The Va Dinci Cod, is alot more entertaining), but it was still pretty predictable and the main character was annoying. I get sick of the main female character being loved by everyone in these things. Ugh. And the puzzle at the end? Simple and cliched. Though the fat German guy was mildly amusing.

HSC
bawd said:
Ditto. I've only read The Da Vinci Code and paged through a few of his other works (which all exhibit a similar aura of bad literature), and although I'll admit his knowledge of certain monuments and places is quite impressive, his writing style lacks textual integrity and there is too less SDT.
Same here. I've only read The Da Vinci Code and despite liking the ideas and theories in it, they were let down by crappy writing.

HSC
i found digital fortress really draggy and i wasnt at all capitvated by the plot.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
Digital Fortress= barely ok. I read it once, the woman got on my nerves too.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Digital Fortress: great idea, but so poorly executed that it was just plain disappointing. Crap, crap, crap.

Cardea

HSC
Out of Dan Brown's books, I thought Digital Fortress was one of his better works. Angels and Demons I thought was more entertaining than Da Vinci Code, while Deception Point was just disappointing. It was dull and basically, crap.

Hollieee

You're unbelievable.
HSC
I've only read Angels and Demons and the Da Vinci Code, and even though yes, they were pretty darn similar, I enjoyed Angels and Demons a lot more.
Having said that, I can't remember very well what it was about, I read it two or more years ago. But I remember enjoying it.
Religion + Science. I thought it was fairly interesting =)

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
it was pretty good, though it was predictable at stages
its rank 3 on my favourites by Dan Brown after 1.Angels and Demons and 2.The DaVinci Code

Miffstaa

HSC
The only specific thing that I do remember about digital fortress was that pedo using her name as the password.
some of the facts were really interesting, like the different ways for breaking a code etc...but i dont get why brown doesnt go and just write non-fiction. his use of 'romance' within the books makes me laugh.

jennieTalia

HSC
I enjoyed most of his books, even if the writing was poor. You have to hand it to him, he knows how to make you NEED to read each chapter and the art of cliff hangers (if you can call that an art).

He does his research as well. Which deserves at least some sort of acknowledgement. Although you'd have to be preety gullible to just go along with some of it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)