Dilemma (1 Viewer)

LoneWolf1990

HSC
hey guys, I've got a bit of a problem, I really wanted to have landed a B.Sc./B.Eng in the main round but I was offered just a B.Sc., a part of me does want to leave Chemical Engineering(my current degree) to do Science which is what I wanted to do since year 12(before I discovered/parents chucked me in Engineering, cause I think they hate the fact I want to major in Biology or something like that) and mainly because I failed an Engineering subject that I really really really really really don't want to repeat! but there's also another part if me that doesn't want to leave, cause I just can't erase the last year of my life, with all the awesome stuff that happened/new friends etc etc

so the question is what do I do? I go to usyd btw

Andi0390

HSC
Your friends will still be your friends regardless of what you do. The last year of life will not be erased or forgotten, you will have learnt many new things and use those skills throughout your life - just because you do not continue with units doesn't mean you wasted a year. You've discovered you want to do something else - good, better now than in third year.

Your parent's opinion would matter if it was their life - which it is not. You did the right thing, you listened to their advice, you gave it a go and it wasn't for you. They are not going to be the ones working for the next 40 years, and they are not going to be the ones studying for the next 4 or so years, so its definitely better to go with what you want over what they want.

Kalashnikov47

HSC
hey guys, I've got a bit of a problem, I really wanted to have landed a B.Sc./B.Eng in the main round but I was offered just a B.Sc., a part of me does want to leave Chemical Engineering(my current degree) to do Science which is what I wanted to do since year 12(before I discovered/parents chucked me in Engineering, cause I think they hate the fact I want to major in Biology or something like that) and mainly because I failed an Engineering subject that I really really really really really don't want to repeat! but there's also another part if me that doesn't want to leave, cause I just can't erase the last year of my life, with all the awesome stuff that happened/new friends etc etc

so the question is what do I do? I go to usyd btw

haha, im in a similar dilemma, though the reason I am hesitating is because I work at my current uni, if I get a transfer I'll lose my job. I know it's a very difficult and painful decision to leave your friends, and I've gone through that in year10 as well when I transferred to a better school. But who knows you'll not enjoy your new uni as much as your old one, or even better, your new uni could be a hell lot better than the old ones -- you never know.

LoneWolf1990

HSC
haha, im in a similar dilemma, though the reason I am hesitating is because I work at my current uni, if I get a transfer I'll lose my job. I know it's a very difficult and painful decision to leave your friends, and I've gone through that in year10 as well when I transferred to a better school. But who knows you'll not enjoy your new uni as much as your old one, or even better, your new uni could be a hell lot better than the old ones -- you never know.
I'm not moving uni's, it's an internal transfer, and mind I tell you it's a very painful decision, especially if a pretty lady's involved and also that I'm on Engineering society commitees

HSC
You could finish your engineering and then do the other one? Depends how long you want to stay at uni.

LoneWolf1990

HSC
yeah I have, they changed over the year
I take that back :( they have not changed at all, they're just as narrow minded as they were last year, and it's killing me, I'm almost 20 and they're still treating me like I'm younger than my own sister :( help please :(

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)