Disadvantage going to UWS? or not? (1 Viewer)

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
LaraB said:
why do you keep posting irrelevant uselss posts?

i never said everyone is... stop telling me and others we said stuff we didn't say.

i said THOSE WHO COME IN HERE FOR THE SOLE REASON OF BAGGING UWS have not yet come up with a decent reason of why they are justified in doing so

that does not in any way! = everyone is out to get uws.

and besides - even if i did say 'everyone' was - i'm a hell of a lot more justified in saying that than those who say that no one is - just take a look at this and countless other threads which are the only ones with a strong presence of non-uws students...

if no one cared about shit bagging uws - why are these the only threads that these people are present in huh?

we are not the one with the problem
I'm sorry to say, for you and your university, that the overall impression one gets from reading your posts is that you are a nonsensical scatterbrain. Step back and have a read of your posts. Seriously have a good slow read of what you typed.

You even wind up against people who wish you and your university no harm. As for non UWS people being here. Most of them are here to troll or out of interest, much like when people slow down to see a car crash .It's mildly interesting to watch people like you make a fool of yourself by acting like you have a chip on your shoulder (about the size of Tasmania).

The more you nonsensically flap your wings about the more people are going to turn up to just witness it.

Last edited:

Alimoe_KG

HSC
mysterious_grl8 said:
wtf r u going on abt? ur so lost that its not funni. for ur information i was offered a place at macquarie uni but i decided not to take it coz i want to
study law at uws in which i got accepted. r u trying to tell me that sum1 doing, say, arts at USYD or
UNSW will be in a better position than me in terms of finding a job? i dont think so.
wtf are you on about? You're so lost that even your horrendous spelling pales in comparison. Man shit, i'm typing with a right hand that was fractured not more than a month ago and i still manage to do better. The other person was comparing cutoffs for similar subjects you noob. Are you trying to tell me that you'll be in a better position in terms of finding a job than someone also studying your degree at UNSW or USYD? I don't think so.

And LaraB, we came into this particular thread to criticise UWS because the thread subject kind of called for it. If someone popped into another thread within the UWS forum like "UWS student list 06" or whatever and started to spew shit there, then yes they're unjustified bastards.

D.

Blurg!
HSC
N/A
erawamai said:
I'm sorry to say, for you and your university, that the overall impression one gets from reading your posts is that you are a nonsensical scatterbrain. Step back and have a read of your posts. You even wind up against people who wish you and your university no harm.
Besides, I think a lot of people got off the topic a long time, someone asked a question and its devolved into a rant.

L

LaraB

erawamai said:
I'm sorry to say, for you and your university, that the overall impression one gets from reading your posts is that you are a nonsensical scatterbrain. Step back and have a read of your posts. You even wind up against people who wish you and your university no harm.
nice to know you're sitting here beside me seeing just how "wound up" i get....

you all read far too much emotion into words on a screen

again - you only come in here to enter into discussions questioning the quality of the uni... your opinion means zip in any thread in any part of the uws forum

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
LaraB said:
nice to know you're sitting here beside me seeing just how "wound up" i get....
You are judged by your words.

again - you only come in here to enter into discussions questioning the quality of the uni... your opinion means zip in any thread in any part of the uws forum
I havn't said a thing about the quality of the university. The only excuse for the lack of structure in your posts would be to say you are so overpowered by emotion that you couldnt be bothered being coherent. I don't think you would feel that your posts are well considered.

Like I said many non uws people are simply here to watch people like you self destruct. The more you nonsensically flap your wings the more people want to come in here and watch...and maybe even give you a prod by trolling. Sadly you often take the bait and get wound up for the crowd.

Last edited:
L

LaraB

erawamai said:
You are judged by your words.

I havn't said a thing about the quality of the university.

Like I said many non uws people are simply here to watch people like you self destruct. The more you nonsensically flap your wings the more people want to come in here and watch...and maybe even give you a prod by trolling. Sadly you often take the bait and get wound up for the crowd.
i didn't say you did.

again - do not read into what i have said b ecause what i say is what i say - unlike you, i do not believe everything has some great inner meaning apart from the plain obvious english it is written in

i said - you only enter threads questioning the quality of the uni... whether or not you post uninformed, plain wrong claims about the uni is besides the point because that is not what i said.

stop telling people how they're encourgaing others to continue to troll - no one needs you to tell them what their posts infer.

if people think that, fine, go for it... they do not need you speaking on their behalf.

if people did think that posts on here infer the quality of the uni - fine they think uws is full of students who are protective of their uni and get the shits with idiots posting comments that are unjustified and resembling nothing other than a chlidish "mine's better than yours" rant, and that uws students think it's a good uni for them and they don't wanna go somewhere else even tho its not prestigious and they don't feel a desperate need to post 'polite, PC" responses to every stupid comment

at least they won't be thinking that the uni is full of arrogant students with nothing better to do with thir lives than sit on an internet forum and shit bag something they know little about for the purpose of trying to piss off other people as the posts of the other posteres in here infer

just because you attempt to be polite in your comments, condescencing and patronising and pompous as you are, it does not make what you are saying more valid than others...

its not an essay.. it is not a discussion with an industry proffesional.. it is not an academic presentation.. who gives a shit if everyone's posts are not perfectly structured.. it's not meant to be formal...

and if my posts are so nonsensical, why do people continue discussions about what i post with me - ie they understand it... as i said - you do not speak for everyone and what they think of others' posts

Last edited by a moderator:

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
What the hell are you on about? I'm really confused.

Again have a close and slow read of what you write. I'm honestly embarrassed for you.

larab said:
said - you only enter threads questioning the quality of the uni... whether or not you post uninformed, plain wrong claims about the uni is besides the point because that is not what i said.
Have a slow close read of that. Who said what now?

larab said:
and if my posts are so nonsensical, why do people continue discussions about what i post with me - ie they understand it... as i said - you do not speak for everyone and what they think of others' posts
Nonsensical and incoherent doesn't mean people cannot decipher what you are trying to get across.

--------------------------------------------

Don't you get it? The more you post like the above quote the more people want to come and see the train wreck. Some of the meaner people may even prod you like a circus animal to see if you are the real deal. You give them entertainment every time. YOU GIVE IT TO THEM EVERYTIME. Do you not feel used? Do you not feel like a fool?

Last edited:
L

LaraB

erawamai said:
What the hell are you on about? I'm really confused.

Again have a close and slow read of what you write. I'm honestly embarrassed for you.

Have a slow close read of that. Who said what now?
you claim to be so smart but yet cannot read a simple post...

i will re-phrase then..

you said i said you only come in here bagging uws..

i said - i didn't say that... i said you only enter into threads that begin with someone questioning the quality of uws as a uni... whether or not you constantly bag uws was irrelevant because that is not what i was referring to..

as far as the rest of your post - again - whoopdiedoo... you think of yourself rather highly if you think you can continue to speak for every single person to view any of my posts...

you do not know why everyone reads what they read... just because you feel a need to be formal and PC in your posts does not make others' posts nonsensical or useless...

if you don't care and are just here for the 'show' as you claim - shut up and stop participating in the dicussion...

since i actually have a life and don't get my kicks from joining in conversations about why someone isn't as good as me i'm going out.... hopefully this thread will be closed by the time i look again on tuesday or wednesday and you sad people with nothing better to do than try to shit uws students will have found something to do with your life or at least just go back and post in forums like your own uni forums, where your opinion actually means something

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
LaraB said:
you claim to be so smart but yet cannot read a simple post...
I never claimed to be smart. Did I? I also don't think your posts are simple to understand.

larab said:
you said i said you only come in here bagging uws..

i said - i didn't say that... i said you only enter into threads that begin with someone questioning the quality of uws as a uni... whether or not you constantly bag uws was irrelevant because that is not what i was referring to..
...and why do you think I end up in threads like this? And why do you think lots of non uws people end up in threads like this? It's to watch people like you post. It's a bit of action. You draw people here.

larab said:
]you do not know why everyone reads what they read... just because you feel a need to be formal and PC in your posts does not make others' posts nonsensical or useless...
Larab writing in sentences is not really formal or Politically correct. I'm not sure you understand the term 'politically correct' since you kinda used it in the wrong context.

The statement 'uws is a shit university' is not politically correct. It is politically correct to say that that statement is incorrect. It is politically correct to say 'the success of a person who graduates from uws is dependent on their personal qualities. The university has little to do with it'. Political correctness has nothing to do with being able to write sentences.

larab said:
if you don't care and are just here for the 'show' as you claim - shut up and stop participating in the dicussion...
I'm trying to point out to you that you are being used. You don't seem to appreciate it.

larab said:
since i actually have a life and don't get my kicks from joining in conversations about why someone isn't as good as me i'm going out....
See this is what people come here to see. If you never posted in the uws forum hardly anyone would come here.
And are you sure you don't get a kick out of it? You seem to you are the highest poster in this thread. You spend most of your time feeding trolls and entertaining people who have come to watch the train wreck. Eventually it gets sad and I post to tell you that you are being use. You jump down my throat as if I said 'uws is an awful university' like the oh so obvious trolls posted.

larab said:
hopefully this thread will be closed by the time i look again on tuesday or wednesday and you sad people with nothing better to do than try to shit uws students will have found something to do with your life or at least just go back and post in forums like your own uni forums, where your opinion actually means something
I'm not bagging uws or uws students. I'm telling you that you are being used as entertainment and you give them what they want everytime. You even attack people who don't attack uws in the threads. You are being used.

Last edited:

Alimoe_KG

HSC
"you claim to be so smart but yet cannot read a simple post...

i will re-phrase then.."

Rephrased phrase:

"you said i said..."
"i said - i didn't say that... i said "

ROFL. HAHAHHAAHHAHA. Sorry. Yes i know it makes more sense when in context but LaraB just lacks style and eloquence so badly.

In fact, when i read LaraB's posts, the only thing i see is usually the word "infer". She keeps using it. You may have inferred this, he inferred that, this post inferred this, she didn't infer that.

INFER! >XD

melodic_gal

HSC
Damage Inc. said:
Seriously, UWS is one of the lamest uni's in Sydney. Look at the UAI's. No one wants to study there. Except people who didn't get into USyd or UNSW.

You guys keep telling yourselves that employers don't care about which uni you went to. Keep denying it. Keep telling yourselves that you're going to a good uni.

excuse you that is way harsh that is not the reason why i chose uws because sydney or nsw didn't accept me. I actually choose not to go there in the first place because

a) nsw and sydney did not have a course that i wanted to do
b) uws is actually supporting me with my disability
c) it has actually has course that i actually wanted to do
d) its close to my home
e) its makes me happy and comfortable

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
melodic_gal said:
excuse you that is way harsh that is not the reason why i chose uws because sydney or nsw didn't accept me. I actually choose not to go there in the first place because

a) nsw and sydney did not have a course that i wanted to do
b) uws is actually supporting me with my disability
c) it has actually has course that i actually wanted to do
d) its close to my home
e) its makes me happy and comfortable
Don't feed the troll :rolleyes:

D.

Blurg!
HSC
N/A
Yeah, but in the words of Jayne, "it's hi-larious". Especially when this started with someone wanting to know if it was a disadvantage going to UWS. Out of curiosity I wonder what the original poster thinks after these fourteen pages of hijinks.

krisk85

Random
HSC
N/A
outside of australia it doesnt mean jack what uni you went too.. i was just in dubai and they dont care, and that is a booming place.. big picture ppl, think outside the little box

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
"The best and most beautiful things cannot be seen or touched. They must be felt with the heart." - Helen Keller
Like a heart attack?! :p

Tuna

HSC
N/A
politik said:
I dont know what a Medicine Degree will be worth from UWS.
More than your Bsc and LLB at any unis.

It is funny to see a person who got into Bsc using condesending words towards other unis. *sigh*

Let's have a scenario everyone! Let's say there's no UWS. Thus, the cut-off will be really high at other unis. Now, think about the fees you have to pay(DEMAND more than supply)

There are a lot of people who would pay to get into one of the unis in regard of the fees. Do you have the financial to compete with any students who are high flyers?

L

LaraB

politik said:
Prestige and the fact that its easier to get into a UWS course - which indirectly equates to lower-performing students.

Im not saying that going to UWS is a definite "okay he's an idiot" response, but theres a difference with doing a course at UNSW/USYD to UWS simply because the first thing people think is "anyone could go to UWS". And truthfully, this is pretty much the way it is. UWS prides itself on its numerous entry schemes and low cutoffs, but this also means that people think that UWS students are generally lower in intelligence (remember, people still think UAI=Intelligence).
yes that's all well and good, but that doesn't 'prove' anything as the people who generally believe this UAI=intelligence crap are either School students or "early year" uni students... what they think does not equate to what employers think and since this thread was about whether you'll be disadvantages going to uws.. unless you are the most emotional person in the world, you won't be disadvanatged by this perception of school students and the like... the only disadvantage will be to your ego or whatever and that wasn't really what this topic was about....

besides - if you are worried about that - since poeople think UAI=intelligence, just tell them your UAI :rolleyes: yes there's a lot of lower UAI's at UWS but equally there's a lot of 90+s despite popular belief.... and then there's those students who are postgrads etc who did their original degree at the so called "smarter" unis but chose UWS for their postgrad degree for whatever reason...

there's dozens of ways to quell that myth with just one simple sentence...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)