Disappointing Albums! (1 Viewer)

Gangels

HSC
Man i havent been on here for months.

What albums have you been disappointed in this year? Me, personally i've been disappointed in muse and RHCP. They had such higher standards that i dont think they lived up to. Not saying i didnt enjoy the albums.....slightly, but they just werent anything special. Even my favourite band of all time, the dresden dolls disappointed me. Prince, jets new song, papa roaches new song and audioslave never were that great but still!

The only album i;ve bought this year that i love is thom yorkes album Eraser, tools 10000 days, outkasts idlewild and the strokes.

Maybe my expectations are just too high.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
Gangels said:
Man i havent been on here for months.

What albums have you been disappointed in this year? Me, personally i've been disappointed in muse and RHCP. They had such higher standards that i dont think they lived up to. Not saying i didnt enjoy the albums.....slightly, but they just werent anything special. Even my favourite band of all time, the dresden dolls disappointed me. Prince, jets new song, papa roaches new song and audioslave never were that great but still!

The only album i;ve bought this year that i love is thom yorkes album Eraser, tools 10000 days, outkasts idlewild and the strokes.

Maybe my expectations are just too high.
:wave:

i still havent bought yes, virginia yet. but ive been told not to now because i'm having it bought for me for my birthday.
which is good because i want to know all the songs before i see them live :)

i havent really been hugely disappointed with any albums so far to be honest, but maybe thats just because i havent really bought many albums this year. the ones i have like vision valley (the vines) show your bones (yyys) with love and squalor (we are scientists) ive been pretty impressed with

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
I thought Yes, Virginia was alright, I <3 Dirty Business.
Tool's album was absolute shit and the new Strokes album was way below the first two. Wow, I'm really the opposite to you because I thought Idlewild, although better than Speakerboxxx/Love Below, is still way below the standard set with Stankonia and Aquemini.
Didn't really care for the new Muse album either

nwatts

HSC
10,000 Days was a disappointment for me. Jambi and the Pot are great tracks. All else = no dice.
Black Holes and Revelations and Thom Yorke's The Eraser fall in the same catagory = patchy. There are some killer tracks on both, but they're balanced out with real shit.
Flaming Lips' At War with the Mystics was also a bit of a disappointment, it's a good release, but it's nowhere near Yoshimi/Soft Bulletin.
Biggest disappointment of the year would be Zero 7's The Garden. I love their older stuff, this sucked.

On a whole though 2006 has been preeety great.
Mogwai's Mr Beast
Matisyahu's Youth
Cat Power's The Greatest
Antony and the Johnsons' I Am a Bird Now

Four amazing releases.

Last edited:

arrested development
HSC
i haven't listened to it yet, but i've heard that the New York Dolls' album that they decided to make for some weird reason this year is terrible, and i'm sure i'll agree. i've no idea why in earth they would do something like that... :S

arrested development
HSC
oh, and i found Dirty Pretty Things' album wholly disappointing.

Espo15

Banned
HSC
N/A
cat powers album was terrible

and show your bones was really dissapointing, fever to tell was ridiculously better.

also return to cookie mountain, was ok but still dissapointing.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
Espo15 said:
cat powers album was terrible

and show your bones was really dissapointing, fever to tell was ridiculously better.

also return to cookie mountain, was ok but still dissapointing.
i didnt think show your bones was disappointing, its just different to fever to tell
moon pix is better than the greatest but i like both
and i like return to cookie mountain :(

Espo15

Banned
HSC
N/A
yea but you heard the new albums first, so yr expectations were different

arrested development
HSC
show your bones was obviously not as good as fever to tell, but i think it was an excellent record in light of the whole "difficult sophomore album" tradition. i mean, they did much better job than, say, the strokes!

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
nwatts said:
Antony and the Johnsons' I Am a Bird Now
This was released early last year

Not really disappointed, but I find Moo, You Bloody Choir by Augie March to be far behind their two earlier works.

HSC
that linkin park / jayz collaboration was terrible. Mind you, i didn't have very high expectations in the first place.

anything by T.I,Chingy morons rapping about absolute shit.

Mr Lovepony

HSC
The Strokes, didn't even bother getting it

Muse- but I could see them going downhill from their Absolution album

Cat Power- Maybe it wasn't exactly to my taste. I only like "The Greatest" out of the whole album. Damn, I was lured by that shiney pink cover.

arrested development
HSC
katietheskatie said:
room on fire wasn't THAT bad, i think it's better than first impressions of earth.
it's not bad in that it has some good, catchy tunes. however, it failed as a second album because they didn't manage to broaden nor change their sound at all. but! it does have reptilia, so nobody could ever call it terrible. ;)

HSC
I agree on the new Chili Peppers album, I only liked about 4 songs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)