Disappointing Albums! (2 Viewers)

s-p-a-c-e-d

HSC
For this year, including leaks and things:

Belle & Sebastian - The Life Pursuit
Dresden Dolls - Yes, Virginia
Matthew Friedberger (of Fiery Furnaces) - Winter Women/Holy Ghost Language School
Liars - Drum's Not Dead (hmm, just that I was expecting something incredible and it didn't seem that on first listen. I'll have to try this again, but for the moment it goes here)
Flaming Lips - At War With The Mystics
DJ Shadow - The Outsider (this was expected though)
Cassius - 15 Again

It's been a pretty average year so far for music IMO.

walrusbear

HSC
drum's not dead is my favourite album of this year :(
i love it

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
the new muse album was dogshit
as was december underground by afi... cant believe no one has mentioned it
that being said i never really liked afi to begin with

the new rise against album is kinda...... the same old shit

Gangels

HSC
Born Dancer said:
:wave:

i still havent bought yes, virginia yet. but ive been told not to now because i'm having it bought for me for my birthday.
which is good because i want to know all the songs before i see them live :)

i havent really been hugely disappointed with any albums so far to be honest, but maybe thats just because i havent really bought many albums this year. the ones i have like vision valley (the vines) show your bones (yyys) with love and squalor (we are scientists) ive been pretty impressed with
Oh my disappointment.........doesnt really grow. Dont get me wrong, Yes, Virginia... was a fantastic album but the self-titled is Hectic. I was actually really disappointed in the vines. I thought their album was Gayhouse, just the lyrics, the music wasnt bad.

I actually did really like the yeahyeahyeah's album, and we are scientists werent bad. I also didnt mind Eskimo Joe. Nothing this year has really been overly frantastic and blown me away though.

You ever heard of Cannibal Corpse? I've just discovered them in the last few months and bought an album. This is the best track listing i've ever seen.

Staring through the eyes of the dead
Blowtorch Slaughter
Stripped, Raped and Strangled
I cum blood
Covered with Sores
Fucked with a knife
Unleashing the blood thirsty
Dead human collection
Gallery of suicide
Meat hook sodomy
Perverse Suffering
The spine splitter
Gutted
I will kill you
Devoured by vermin
Disposal of the body
A skull full of maggots
Hammer smashed face

The lyrics are even worse dude! The best part is, this is soft for Death Metal! Hahahahahahahahahaa!

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
Gangels said:
Oh my disappointment.........doesnt really grow. Dont get me wrong, Yes, Virginia... was a fantastic album but the self-titled is Hectic. I was actually really disappointed in the vines. I thought their album was Gayhouse, just the lyrics, the music wasnt bad.

I actually did really like the yeahyeahyeah's album, and we are scientists werent bad. I also didnt mind Eskimo Joe. Nothing this year has really been overly frantastic and blown me away though.

You ever heard of Cannibal Corpse? I've just discovered them in the last few months and bought an album. This is the best track listing i've ever seen.

Staring through the eyes of the dead
Blowtorch Slaughter
Stripped, Raped and Strangled
I cum blood
Covered with Sores
Fucked with a knife
Unleashing the blood thirsty
Dead human collection
Gallery of suicide
Meat hook sodomy
Perverse Suffering
The spine splitter
Gutted
I will kill you
Devoured by vermin
Disposal of the body
A skull full of maggots
Hammer smashed face

The lyrics are even worse dude! The best part is, this is soft for Death Metal! Hahahahahahahahahaa!
:eek:

oh and about the vines - it couldnt be any worse than the winning days, and hence i was pleasantly surprised. that being said of course its nowhere near as good as highly evolved, but yeah i was happy it wasnt as woeful as the second one

otay

HSC
Gnarls Barkley - St Elsewhere

Was in love with 'Crazy' in January and then Who Cares was cool at first but the rest is fair average. Pretty disappointed, it could have been great. Still love Dangermouse, he's killin it atm.

Gangels

HSC
I dont know. I didnt mind winning days. It had a few good songs on it, but just like Highly Evolved only a few. Bought the something for kates desert imports today too. Wasnt anything too crash hot but is alright.

walrusbear

HSC
i found the new sonic youth quite disappointing
the last new efforts with jim o'rourke were awesome, 'rather ripped' is pretty impotent
the songs sound better live, but not remarkably so

HSC
i don't think it's too bad .. sure, it's reallllllly different from their old stuff, but i kinda like it. it's really moody.

HSC
exactly .. john collura (the guitar dude) is pretty much the yoko ono of the old ataris haha. i LOVED that shit back in the day.

Gangels

HSC
I dont think ataris were that great to begin with. I listened to 3 songs on Muse album and turned it off. I have no idea where it is.

But muse are hoprfully at the Big day Out!

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
i loved it :eek: better than that room on fire cunt anyway

oi katie, msn cunt!

Mr Lovepony

HSC
walrusbear said:
i found the new sonic youth quite disappointing
the last new efforts with jim o'rourke were awesome, 'rather ripped' is pretty impotent
the songs sound better live, but not remarkably so
I only like one song out of the whole damn album. Won't be buying it. Personally, I don't really love any of their new stuff beyond washing machine.

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
First Impressions of Earth, its a one-song album
I only like you only live once, although i occasionally play electricityscape and on the other side, but basically, i only play the first track :( o wells

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
The Game - The Face Of L.A Mixtape .... that was a great disappointment since his last 2 major releases were great.... that was a real downfall imo..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)