Discovery Day 2004 (1 Viewer)

Aussiechick

HSC
Is anyone going to Discovery Day 2004 at Wollongong Uni? What courses are you going to?

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Yep. But it goes over three days for different schools doesn't it?
I'm doing whatever I could put down related to history, law, journalism or economics. Diverse interests :p

Jess_L

3rd Year UOW Student
HSC
Discovery Days!!!!!!!

Hey, how r u?? I just joined to this site so I am trying to work out how everything works.

Yeah i'm going to the Discovery Days. I picked
Session 3- Music performance one
Session 4-2nd part of music performance one
session 5- The teaching matters one
session 6- THe Student to student one.

What ones did u pick????

CYA

JESS

= Jennifer =

HSC
yeah our school is going on the 10th february but i don't know what courses i definetely got into.....hmmmm i can not remember what i put as my preferences it was a while ago

holl

I went last year. I did creative arts and creative writing. They were both good, didn't learn much but we had lots of fun. If you dont get into the subjects you want, they wont notice if you change and just go to the ones you want to. There were so many ppl there and nobody checks.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
I went to the law one, the teaching one, the history one and the philosophy one (it was called "Is the chair really there?" but it was a bunch of babble and my friend dared me at the end to get up and ask 'so is the chair there or not?' cos they sooo didn't answer that!)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I'm going to the discovery day, but I just wanted to have a look at the campus because I will only be there for a couple of hours.... I tried to ring up to book a place for a campus tour but the number said they were on holidays!

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
I recall I picked the music performance sessions too....
But talking to people who have been, Discovery Day is a humungous waste of time. Oh, and "Life as a University Student" or somesuch. Where we get bored 1st years who have been bribed into talking to people and telling them what they already know..... Discovery Day is about keeping your Careers Advisor happy so they don't bug you.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Originally posted by Josie
I recall I picked the music performance sessions too....
But talking to people who have been, Discovery Day is a humungous waste of time. Oh, and "Life as a University Student" or somesuch. Where we get bored 1st years who have been bribed into talking to people and telling them what they already know..... Discovery Day is about keeping your Careers Advisor happy so they don't bug you.
Hey it wasn't that bad, it was actually pretty interesting. You do get a bit of a feel of what uni is like.

dezzy

HSC
Originally posted by Ms 12
I went to the law one, the teaching one, the history one and the philosophy one (it was called "Is the chair really there?" but it was a bunch of babble and my friend dared me at the end to get up and ask 'so is the chair there or not?' cos they sooo didn't answer that!)
ROFLMAO @ that!!!!!!!!!!!!

haha! oh, that funny! lol...

= Jennifer =

HSC
did any one get a letter sent in the mail today? i did it was a yellow sheet and it has your name written like in size 22 font and at the bottom it has: WHAT WILL YOU DISCOVER?

edit: caps

Aussiechick

HSC
yep I got that today. I found out I'm going on 11th February. I'm glad they told me that because I'd completely forgotten lol

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Yep, got it. School/Careers Advisors will be telling us about it continually as soon as we get back anyway.

Babs- eat me. :chainsaw:

alby

cool duckie
HSC
i got d sheet few days ago, goin on d 10th...cant rememba wat things i put down n dunno wat i actually got either

Miffy

I am going on the 11th. Does anyone know if we find out what preferences we got into on the actual day or before we go?

alby

cool duckie
HSC
im not exactly sure, but someone at school (probably careers advisor) should tell you when you get back to school...if they dont, you can always ask them if they know

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)