hellohowslife

HSC
How do I write a discursive that is easily adaptable to different stimuli

vishnay

God
HSC
How do I write a discursive that is easily adaptable to different stimuli
i honestly don't think u can get away with writing one unlike an essay

maybe 2 or 3 which are adaptable but one seems quite difficult considering the variety of questions they can ask for discursives

notme123

HSC
make something about the nature of writing its always about that. e.g.g 2019 was about power of reading, 2020 was a creative but stil adaptable if you have a world already crafted. if you look at sample ones:
"Guard your roving thoughts with a jealous care, for speech is but the dealer of thoughts, and every fool can plainly read in your words what is the hour of your thoughts."
VERY clearly is about reading.
"Then, although it was still the end of the story, I put it at the beginning of the novel, as if I needed to tell the end first in order to go on and tell the rest." A bit harder to adapt but literally adaptable just put the resolution at the beginning. e.g. with discurives the part where you accept both sides of the argument would begin your thesis THEN you go into your reasons

zizi2003_

HSC
do u guys think this year they'd give us an option to choose from unlike last year where they specified imaginative ??

vishnay

God
HSC
do u guys think this year they'd give us an option to choose from unlike last year where they specified imaginative ??
praying they do bc i don't wanna do discursive

hopefully they ask for a reflection as well this yr bc my creative is only 700 words

uniqueusername1

HSC
Personally, I write shit pieces. However, I sweat the reflection and get 10/10 for that. You need about 450 words to write a somewhat banger reflection.

uniqueusername1

HSC
not entirely true

plenty of people succesfully memorise and adapt for mod c

it's just u might have to memorise more than one piece
Come on now, look at last years stimulus:

Compose a piece of imaginative writing that begins with the words: Some things are unknowable. A person’s secrets may be revealed by the things they leave behind; but what are they, those supposedly uncovered secrets? They are words, ideas . . . Dry and dead as dust.

How you possibly going to adapt for this? I doubt any creative memorised could do so.

Unless: it fails to adequately answer the q. But, then again I may be wrong i don't know anything.

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad

Compose a piece of imaginative writing that begins with the words: Some things are unknowable. A person’s secrets may be revealed by the things they leave behind; but what are they, those supposedly uncovered secrets? They are words, ideas . . . Dry and dead as dust.

How you possibly going to adapt for this? I doubt any creative memorised could do so.

Unless: it fails to adequately answer the q. But, then again I may be wrong i don't know anything.
A bit off topic from the original q. If they ask you to "begin with those words", would you have to rewrite it in your piece?

vishnay

God
HSC
If it's 10/10 marks for imaginative and reflective, I don't think 700/300 word ratio is a good idea.
ye ik thats why im also praying its not a 10/10 split lmaooo

hopefully if they have reflection its a 12/8 or a 14/6 split

vishnay

God
HSC

yes its difficult

but ik plenty of people who memorised + adapted and mid-high b6 lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)