discursive help (1 Viewer)

vishnay

God
HSC
bruhhh what if my texts have no characters LOL
'How to Marry your Daughters' and 'Spotty-Handed Villainesses' - they both don't have characters do they? just the narrative voice ugh im so lost for mod c rip
i dont think they can ask u abt specific characters from ur prescribed texts so i wouldnt worry

zizi2003_

HSC
i dont think they can ask u abt specific characters from ur prescribed texts so i wouldnt worry
but i saw this one sample 2019 question which asked us to write from an alternative pov of another minor character or smth
and the problem is that my texts don't really have any concrete characters, just the narrative voice of the author...

uniqueusername1

HSC
You must be extremely ballsy to disagree with an essay question, if anyone does that for their HSC mad respect
Yes mate ever since I got my mark for that one (good thing it was in yr 11) I have been traumatised.

iTs YoUr OwN iNtErPrEtAtIoN aS lOnG aS yOu BaCk It uP wItH eViDeNce my ass.

uniqueusername1

HSC
but i saw this one sample 2019 question which asked us to write from an alternative pov of another minor character or smth
and the problem is that my texts don't really have any concrete characters, just the narrative voice of the author...
Yea you need to study all 3 text types.

So Spotty Handed is a discursive. I would do metamorphosis or something for the creative aspect.

uniqueusername1

HSC
Cause last year it was strictly imaginative. Unless you using techniques in a creative from discursive I doubt spotty will be too useful.

zizi2003_

HSC
Yea you need to study all 3 text types.

So Spotty Handed is a discursive. I would do metamorphosis or something for the creative aspect.
also can we choose a diff text that we didnt study in class?
like my creative one is a metafiction piece and don't really understand how I can emulate the characterisation aspect if the question specifies

vishnay

God
HSC
omg i remember that question but nesa is always super dodgy (they put 4u methods in a 3u sample paper)

i think that forcing something like writing from pov of a minor characters is highly unlikely and thats also why i suspect they havent asked for reflections for the last 2 years

uniqueusername1

HSC
like my creative one is a metafiction piece and don't really understand how I can emulate the characterisation aspect if the question specifies
Yea we were forced to do all 3. I'm surprised your school hasn't made you study a persuasive, discursive and creative.

vishnay

God
HSC
yeah ik someone who decided to do different texts with their tutor since their school didn't assess mod c and they were completely fine

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
Yes mate ever since I got my mark for that one (good thing it was in yr 11) I have been traumatised.

iTs YoUr OwN iNtErPrEtAtIoN aS lOnG aS yOu BaCk It uP wItH eViDeNce my ass.
Whoever says your perspective/opinion matters as long as you have the evidence are the biggest cappers, I knew something was up when 1/3 of my cohort did bad for creative in yr 11. My teacher literally said to the class

All ideas are right, however some ideas are righter than one another

zizi2003_

HSC
Yea we were forced to do all 3. I'm surprised the your school hasn't made you study a persuasive, discursive and creative.
lol noo we did all 3 text types. I just don't really like the texts I studied and since it's mod c i thought maybe it'd be an exception to choose another text

vishnay

God
HSC
Whoever says your perspective/opinion matters as long as you have the evidence are the biggest cappers, I knew something was up when 1/3 of my cohort did bad for creative in yr 11. My teacher literally said to the class

All ideas are right, however some ideas are righter than each other.
english teachers tripping

zizi2003_

HSC
omg i remember that question but nesa is always super dodgy (they put 4u methods in a 3u sample paper)

i think that forcing something like writing from pov of a minor characters is highly unlikely and thats also why i suspect they havent asked for reflections for the last 2 years
phew thats a relief
but im 100% sure theyll ask for a reflection this year

uniqueusername1

HSC
lol noo we did all 3 text types. I just don't really like the texts I studied and since it's mod c i thought maybe it'd be an exception to choose another text
lol you don't need to fully read them. Just strip some techniques from them lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)