discursive help (1 Viewer)

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
Of course only the motivated survive.

My motivation was that the head of the tuition centre (owner) for CS education in Hurstville called my Dad in Year 6. She said: Don't waste money on him he's too dumb. That day broke my heart.

Ever since I've been grinding in the shadows. Benching 150 before cranking some integration in the shadows. Taking cold showers to strengthen my killer mentality. Once I get my ATAR i know I'll be giving her a call.
Anyone who says their student is dumb or a waste of time teaching has failed as not only as a teacher but as a human being. I find it quite ironic they out of everyone would opt such stance because tutoring is aimed to target a student's weaknesses or needs that might not be catered in the regular education system and assist it and as such students who are struggling should be a focal target?

It's more impressive to teach someone who has no interest in academics or school and inspire them in a subject or field such as maths and english rather than teaching individuals who already are ahead of the grade, extremely dedicated and talented. I think you succeed as a teacher if you are able to at least impact one individual who had no prior motivation or desire for anything whether it be academics or sports etc. Its sad to see such a honorable role of being a teacher being filled by people who lack the correct mindset or attitude.

i used to teach at CS (won't mention the campus) and the entire place is a shitshow

the owners were arrogant dicks and they would mock the fucking kids for not getting concepts or if they had a hard time understanding things

i liked teaching the kids but i quit when they took a term to pay me (they promised fortnightly payments and i had to chase them up) + they demotivated students ffs i fucking hate CS so much
That seems really bad, its good you left it with the money haha. It must suck abandoning the students though but you shoudn't deal with a shitty management.

uniqueusername1

HSC
Anyone who says their student is dumb or a waste of time teaching has failed as not only as a teacher but as a human being. I find it quite ironic they out of everyone would opt such stance because tutoring is aimed to target a student's weaknesses or needs that might not be catered in the regular education system and assist it and as such students who are struggling should be a focal target?

It's more impressive to teach someone who has no interest in academics or school and inspire them in a subject or field such as maths and english rather than teaching individuals who already are ahead of the grade, extremely dedicated and talented. I think you succeed as a teacher if you are able to at least impact one individual who had no prior motivation or desire for anything whether it be academics or sports etc. Its sad to see such a honorable role of being a teacher being filled by people who lack the correct mindset or attitude.
Oath. Its not even the fact that I had no motivation lol. It just took me and other students to learn shit longer. But yeah, everyone has potential and its up to the tuition centre and the individual to foster it. It was honestly so depressing they just laughed at you when you did something wrong (even the 2 sweaty students joined in).

Fkin dk heads. If I every tutor anyone I'll make sure I'll help them reach their potential. Their success if equivalent to mine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)