Distance issues (1 Viewer)

Phanatic

HSC
I did 1.5 hour trips for two years. Two trains and a bus. The trains were the best, because you could read on them, and if you travel a long way then you almost always get a seat.

Travelling in the morning wasn't an issue, even for 9am starts (I've never had an 8am start, do they exist?). Leaving home at 7:30 isn't too big a deal.

I actually preferred travelling in the morning than travelling in the arvo, because I knew the timetable and they were usually on time. In the afternoon though, I just wanted to be home.

It all ended though once I got my car. All of a sudden my 1.5 hour trip became a 35 minute one! :rolleyes:

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
hApPy1 said:
Right so my first preference is at Macquarie- followed by many other much wanted preferences at Macquarie- one big problem...ITS TOO DAMN FAR FROM WHERE I LIVE!

has anyone had a similar issue? how did u handle it?

thanx guys
Takes me an hour by bus to get to uni. FROM F&!@*( PARRAMATTA!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
An hour and a half isnt that bad by transport. It takes me 3 hours one way to get to uni 4 days a week on average and I've coped with it for 2 years.

At first, especially the first day, its really hard, but you learn that in the morning, either you sleep the whole trip or do some assignments or something, and in the arvo I tend to do my readings or read a book or something. So I'm basically getting all my homework done before I get home. Pack books and bags at night, get everything prepared the night before, and viola, your good for an early start.

There also might be a possibility that you'll find someone who travels some of the way with you as well. People come from all over at unis, they aren't from just near by.

hApPy1

HSC
umm...no comment *hangs head in shame and creeps away*

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
hApPy1 said:
umm...no comment *hangs head in shame and creeps away*
1.5 hours hehe u shud be ashamed..thats nothing :p .... it took me 40 minutes by public transport just to get to highschool for me (back in the day) lol but having a car changed it to 15 minutes :)

i've never caught public transport to uni ever (except for conception day, coz everyone wanted to drink) i think it took me 1.5 hours

You'll be fine and lectures for first year psyche usually start around 10-11 and u can choose ur tutes (what time u want them n stuff) and first year psyche theres a lot of choices... basically theres one everyday, for every two hour block because so many ppl do them

But you'll soon realise that going to lectures is a waste of time n u'll download ur lectures insted of attending them and u'll end up just going to ur tutes...

Last edited:

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
it takes me two hours to get to uni catching buses. its ok, you get use to it. i had an 8am start last semester and i got my dad to drive me :D

meLoncoLLie

adores corgis
HSC
I'm going to MQ too. And I also live in the Shire (well...sorta...Mortdale). It takes me 1.5 hrs to get to MQ by public transport (train to Town Hall - then bus to MQ takes approx. the same time as train to Epping - bus to MQ)

Hate commuting. Never lived more than 25 mins walk away from school, in my whole life. So I'm moving :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)